Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tasymo

2nd try- totems from old tins and...

tasymo
13 years ago

...old dolls! These are rather cool in a creepy kind of way. What do you think? I found them on this blog- http://magpiecottage.blogspot.com/

Image link:

Comments (14)

• tasymo
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm not sure what happened on my first try. The computer got hung up or something.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Your description is pretty accurate....cool in a creepy sort of way. TFS!

• bverste
    13 years ago

I am going to have nightmares tonight!!! Bev

• toomuchglass
    13 years ago

Doll heads creep me out. Sorry I can't give a thumbs up to them ....they are creative and well made - but not for me .

• sprout_wi
    13 years ago

Deliciously creepy, BWA-Ha-ha-ha!!

Would make a great Halloween totem for the front porch. Actually, I LOVE this idea!! Thanks Tas.
    -Sprout

• susiewantsroses
    13 years ago

They were certainly art!!! The price of those cans and an antique doll to top em off would be too rich for me. Great Halloween totems though. Also great for a country, shabby, antique, decorating niche market. May be the next big trend. I've seen the dolls made into jewelry racks too. They used dowels to hang necklaces on at the level were the arms would come out. The base could be made from an old lamp, ect.

• tasymo
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yeah, I did notice that all the components appear to be genuinely old. I don't think I could bring myself take them apart and put holes in them. If I tried something similar it would have to be newer stuff, maybe distressed and stained to look old.

• giggles1
    13 years ago

Can't make out the prices... I'm sure they make up for the $ of the old tins.
    I much prefer the Blitzy Babies use of the dolls that was posted the other day. Atleast there was a USE for them, hanging jewelry.

• kacram
    13 years ago

cool AND creepy! LOL

• sorie6 zone 6b
    13 years ago

Very original. I've never seem totems done this way. Good for you. I'll bet they sell. Looks like most tins are old ones. tfs

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

Too Cool! Just can't find the materials cheap enough around here, for me and my budget, but now I will keep a look out!

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Kind of cute and creepy at the same time. lol! I wonder if something similar could be done with cheaper, modern materials. I'm sure something like that would cost an arm and a leg (or even a head!) to make around here.

Susie, I like those Baby Blings too!

• beck_wi
    13 years ago

I think I'm speechless.

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

I like 'em for halloween. I'd love to have a few on my front porch next month. I'll have to think about it when I'm thrift shopping. I've got a book of old labels that could be glued to bottles or tins, or made into decals which supposedly hold their color better outdoors. Our foster daughter moved into our house with a box of whole and broken barbies 17 years ago. She took some of them away when her best friend had kids a few years ago. I wonder if I have the broken ones still... hmm...
    Kathy

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville