Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2nd try- totems from old tins and...

Posted by tasymo zone 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 11, 10 at 19:57

...old dolls! These are rather cool in a creepy kind of way. What do you think? I found them on this blog- http://magpiecottage.blogspot.com/

Image link: 2nd try- totems from old tins and... (59 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2nd try- totems from old tins and...

I'm not sure what happened on my first try. The computer got hung up or something.

o

Your description is pretty accurate....cool in a creepy sort of way. TFS!

o

I am going to have nightmares tonight!!! Bev

o

Doll heads creep me out. Sorry I can't give a thumbs up to them ....they are creative and well made - but not for me .

o

Deliciously creepy, BWA-Ha-ha-ha!!

Would make a great Halloween totem for the front porch. Actually, I LOVE this idea!! Thanks Tas.
-Sprout

o

They were certainly art!!! The price of those cans and an antique doll to top em off would be too rich for me. Great Halloween totems though. Also great for a country, shabby, antique, decorating niche market. May be the next big trend. I've seen the dolls made into jewelry racks too. They used dowels to hang necklaces on at the level were the arms would come out. The base could be made from an old lamp, ect.

o

Yeah, I did notice that all the components appear to be genuinely old. I don't think I could bring myself take them apart and put holes in them. If I tried something similar it would have to be newer stuff, maybe distressed and stained to look old.

o

Can't make out the prices... I'm sure they make up for the $ of the old tins.
I much prefer the Blitzy Babies use of the dolls that was posted the other day. Atleast there was a USE for them, hanging jewelry.

o

cool AND creepy! LOL

o

• Posted by sorie6 Zone4 Colo (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 16, 10 at 17:30

Very original. I've never seem totems done this way. Good for you. I'll bet they sell. Looks like most tins are old ones. tfs

o

Too Cool! Just can't find the materials cheap enough around here, for me and my budget, but now I will keep a look out!

o

Kind of cute and creepy at the same time. lol! I wonder if something similar could be done with cheaper, modern materials. I'm sure something like that would cost an arm and a leg (or even a head!) to make around here.

Susie, I like those Baby Blings too!

o

I think I'm speechless.

o

I like 'em for halloween. I'd love to have a few on my front porch next month. I'll have to think about it when I'm thrift shopping. I've got a book of old labels that could be glued to bottles or tins, or made into decals which supposedly hold their color better outdoors. Our foster daughter moved into our house with a box of whole and broken barbies 17 years ago. She took some of them away when her best friend had kids a few years ago. I wonder if I have the broken ones still... hmm...
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here