Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rusty wheelbarrow before & after

Posted by luvs2click 5 Ohio (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 29, 12 at 20:02

I think I may have posted this picture of my rusty wheelbarrow planted with wave petunias before, not sure. This was taken mid-June.

I just took this photo yesterday, the end of September

I sat the wheelbarrow under a tree where it got some shade and watered it about every other day during our very dry summer. This fall has been rather wet and it has really taken off. I hate to see frost come!

And another shot of fall splendor - a sea of mums, geraniums and sedum. I love this time of year!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rusty wheelbarrow before & after

Love that wheelbarrow!!! And your other bed is soo lovely too! What a profusion!!

o

Your wheelbarrow full of petunias is beautiful! They really put on a show for you this summer, didn't they? And your flower bed is gorgeous....what kind of sedum is that? Love the purple bloom color! TFS~

o

Those petunias look soooo good, I love old wheelbarrows when plants overflow like a hanging basket.

o

They really filled in!!Too bad they don't winter over!! The sedum & other flowers are beautiful, I love that color of mum! Need to get some! Jan

o

Marlene, the sedum is called "Neon"

o

Are your orange mums perennial or planted this fall?

o

They are hardy mums planted several years ago.

o

Just wondered since we are in the same zone. I love mums but don't want to keep buying them new every year.

o

If you plant them early in the fall (greenhouse near me starts selling them late August) they have time to get rooted good and I've had no problem with them wintering over. I don't buy them anymore because I have so many colors planted that come back every year. I think the main reason people have problems with them dying out is not getting them in the ground soon enough to get established. I divide mine in the spring and just tell people to cut them back til July 4th then let them go - otherwise they will bloom early in the summer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here