Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painted rocks and welcome sign

Posted by calamity_j z7bc (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 29, 12 at 20:06

Anybody paint rocks....it is on my To Do List. I bought this pig and was given the flower rock...and Hubby is installing the welcome sign (A window found by the mailboxes)on our scrounged lumber arbor. He is just putting an old gate I dragged home on the top of it for the vines...He hates my haording stuff but now that he sees the end product...heh heh!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painted rocks and welcome sign

Jane~
Your welcome sign is just what the doctor ordered for your arbor and the gate will be a great addition for flowers for it! I've always admired the painted rocks, but have never attempted to do any of them myself. I know you'll be good at that as well though.

Sometimes our DHs don't understand what's in our heads, but once they see what we're thinking, they are usually good about helping make the plan a reality. Thanks to your Hubby for always helping you with yours!

o

Thanks Marlene!Hubby is so funny, he just said this mornin that he is so suprised at how everything is just fitting together, like I didn't plan it that way...???sheesh! Here is another trellis that we are setting up to hide the shed. It will have rhodos/heather planted.

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Jane, your garden ideas are working out so well. I like the lattice on the fence. He's doing a good job.

Nice sign and rocks too! I see another garden tour in your future.

o

Jane,

Everything is looking great. That gate looks like it has a Scottie on it!!!!

Yes, I have painted on rocks. Owls are my very favorite!!! The wolves and foxes and cats come out okay but I enjoy doing the owls the best.

Anne

o

Anne, how about sharing some pics!!!

o

It's all looking great!! Did you mosaic the center of welcome sign, can't see that up close. Will be lovely with vines over head! Love the butterfly & floral piece too! Jan

o

I love watching a man work ~~~ hehehe
I also love it when a man realizes that his wife ISN'T crazy for hoarding all that stuff ! LOL

It's looking awesome :)

o

Jane,

I don't have any left. I've given them all away. Next time I make some I'll take pictures.

The book I used, The Art of Painting Animals on Rocks, which I love, is by Lin Wellford. If you follow her directions, you will end up with a great rock animal. I had never tried anything like that before and people raved about the animals I did.

Below is a link to the Ebay Animals on Rocks. The leopard, wolf, grey tabby cat and a persian cat further down are from her book.

Anne

Here is a link that might be useful: Ebay Painting Animals on Rocks

o

Here is a closeup of the sign as I just mosaiced the middle pc, it was just a fun little suprise project...I wonder if the person who dropped it of at the mailbox will ever notice it?....

Photobucket

o

Well, getting there...just added some old milk of magnesia bottles DS gave me for Moms Day...and made this little garden ornament out of found objects for a gift...it is some kind of cast cememnt square, on a spike that I added some cobalt bling and beads!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Your yard is looking fabulous!
I love everything. The welcome window is beautiful and perfect for where you put it.
Good for hubby for finally seeing your vision.
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here