Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fall is in the air ... & the gardens!

Posted by jeannespines 4 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 22, 11 at 20:38

Here's my old egg basket that I showed earlier this Spring...the sedum grew & the Hen & Chicks ...now I added some gourds/pumpkin from my garden:

EggBasketGourds9.11

This is what I call my "gr'pa's rake garden"...he used this old hay rake many yrs ago when farming...the Sweet Autumn Clematis is blooming like crazy (& smells so good when you walk out there):

Sweet Autumn Clematis Rake Garden CloseUp9.11

...and the Clematis climbed right up the Plum tree planted in Grpa's Rake Garden..I also planted Cannas & Spirea bushes & black Hollyhocks...this garden did good this yr (w/hot weather even!)

Sweet Autumn Clematis Grpa Rake Garden 9.11

This old ladder I put right next to my Bucket Tipsy Pots which did terrific this yr, too (I showed an earlier this summer)...last yr I tried Hyacinth Beans & they did good on the ladder...but last Fall I planted another Sweet Autumn Clematis & it's coming along good ...old white teakettle is my watering can:

OldLadderSweetAutumnClematis9.11

Here's the pic from Aug that I posted of the Tipsy Buckets...you can barely see the ladder leg bottom right:

Tipsy Buckets 8.11

And the grasses...oh,they sure make a grand display when Fall is arriving! Here's one of my favs in the garden by the big old bell...windy & misty day yesterday when I took these pics:

Grasses Old Bell 9.11

So happy "1st day of Autumn" tomorrow! TFLookin'! Jeanne S.
Pool Garden Grasses 9.11

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fall is in the air ... & the gardens!

Jeanne, as I've said so many times, I love your yard. Any time of the year its beautiful.

hugs, Karen

o

Jeanne, everything is beautiful.

Marylee

o

Beautiful pics! I love the white Clematis& the gray of the old ladder & tipsy pots really filled in nicely. The fall basket reminds us that fall is coming up very soon even tho temps are still warm out here during day! TFS Jan

o

Very beautiful!
I just love the autumn clematis and all of your artful arrangements.
Kathy

o

I'd like a garden tour of your yard sometime please! How lovely all of your things are....the clematis is beautiful...I know what you mean, they smell heavenly. Your tipsy buckets are so pretty and your grasses, hens and chicks...well, you get the idea...love them all!

o

Love, love! Especially the grasses - I don't have any but would love to get some planted. Maybe next year. Thanks for sharing!
Arlene

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here