Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blue Totems

Posted by calamity_j z7bc (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 17, 10 at 21:18

Got a itch to make a few totems....these two are finished..

Here is a link that might be useful: Totems

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blue Totems

Cool! That is some awesome blue glass Calamity. I love your style. It's so fun and quirky!

o

Those are really nice, love them! You do have a great style and I always enjoy seeing your work.

o

Love the 2-pc angel totem in your flower pot! Am I seeing "sticky gum stuff" for glue? And happy to know that you've been "clowning around" in your spare time! TFS!
Jeanne S.

o

I am not much on totems but I love those!!!

o

Pretty and cute! Love that clown-looking totem. What a great hat you found for him!

o

Very nice! The clown is so cute! Jan

o

would love those in MY garden, lol. bev

o

I used to work at a recycling depot...and was always checking the glass bin for treasure!!lol! I saw this nice orange busted up pc, and when I stacked it on the blue globe, it just looked like a head with a hat to me, then I had been trying different other pcs and came up with the ruffle look, so it dawned on me to have a clown, but he needed eyes, and then they showed up too, just had to cut the back parts off the eyes. They are glued together by that Power Epoxy(as seen on TV)so hopefully it holds. I also made this dangly to go by my pond, from little mirrors (glued back to back)I got from the dollar store.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dangly

o

I love the totems AND the dangly. You did a really good job on all of them. My fav is the clown.

o

Those are so neat! I loves 'em!

o

You don't live in a house - you live in a gallery !!

o

Those are just way too cute & so clever!!

o

Your totems are too cute Jane! Love the dangly too!

o

Beautiful, I love them. My heart goes between totems and plate flowers. Although I am going in other directions because of this forum. You all have great ideas and it is a joy to see them all. Thanks for posting pics.

o

Great totems--I love the cobalt angel! Bet the danglies really sparkle outside!

o

Did some more...I actually have boxes(Yes, plural!lol!) of pcs of totms, that I just can't seem to part with, that I haven't even touched/looked at on about a yr! But these have been on the "To Do List" for about a yr so glad to Finally be getting to them...these are about 12-14inces tall, and am thinking of building them some poles/towers/bases> to stand on so they will be about 2-3ft off the ground...

Here is a link that might be useful: Yard Art

o
And One More...

Yup, it's a sickness once I get going...

Here is a link that might be useful: Funky Flower One

o

Great "glass" class! Lookin' good, calamity & your castle looks like it's weathering great in the bkgrd there! Keep up the good work & TFS! Jeanne S.

o

G R E A T! I have a blue bottle - think I'll try my hand at making something.

Robert

o

Those are just too cute - I don't need anymore projects! but looks like I nedd to get busy!

o

Oh my gosh! They are all wonderful!
I've been saving blue bottles for a bottle tree, but maybe I'll make totems instead.
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here