Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

Blue Totems

Calamity_J
13 years ago

Got a itch to make a few totems....these two are finished..

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:192027}}

Comments (21)

• tasymo
    13 years ago

Cool! That is some awesome blue glass Calamity. I love your style. It's so fun and quirky!

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

Those are really nice, love them! You do have a great style and I always enjoy seeing your work.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Love the 2-pc angel totem in your flower pot! Am I seeing "sticky gum stuff" for glue? And happy to know that you've been "clowning around" in your spare time! TFS!
    Jeanne S.

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

I am not much on totems but I love those!!!

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Pretty and cute! Love that clown-looking totem. What a great hat you found for him!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Very nice! The clown is so cute! Jan

• bverste
    13 years ago

would love those in MY garden, lol. bev

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I used to work at a recycling depot...and was always checking the glass bin for treasure!!lol! I saw this nice orange busted up pc, and when I stacked it on the blue globe, it just looked like a head with a hat to me, then I had been trying different other pcs and came up with the ruffle look, so it dawned on me to have a clown, but he needed eyes, and then they showed up too, just had to cut the back parts off the eyes. They are glued together by that Power Epoxy(as seen on TV)so hopefully it holds. I also made this dangly to go by my pond, from little mirrors (glued back to back)I got from the dollar store.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:192028}}

• laurastheme
    13 years ago

I love the totems AND the dangly. You did a really good job on all of them. My fav is the clown.

• uglyoodie
    13 years ago

Those are so neat! I loves 'em!

• toomuchglass
    13 years ago

You don't live in a house - you live in a gallery !!

• shpnquen
    13 years ago

Those are just way too cute & so clever!!

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Your totems are too cute Jane! Love the dangly too!

• greensuzq
    13 years ago

Beautiful, I love them. My heart goes between totems and plate flowers. Although I am going in other directions because of this forum. You all have great ideas and it is a joy to see them all. Thanks for posting pics.

• Deb Kozuszek
    13 years ago

Great totems--I love the cobalt angel! Bet the danglies really sparkle outside!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Did some more...I actually have boxes(Yes, plural!lol!) of pcs of totms, that I just can't seem to part with, that I haven't even touched/looked at on about a yr! But these have been on the "To Do List" for about a yr so glad to Finally be getting to them...these are about 12-14inces tall, and am thinking of building them some poles/towers/bases> to stand on so they will be about 2-3ft off the ground...

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:192029}}

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yup, it's a sickness once I get going...

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:192030}}

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Great "glass" class! Lookin' good, calamity & your castle looks like it's weathering great in the bkgrd there! Keep up the good work & TFS! Jeanne S.

• tehuti
    13 years ago

G R E A T! I have a blue bottle - think I'll try my hand at making something.

Robert

• AmeliaD
    13 years ago

Those are just too cute - I don't need anymore projects! but looks like I nedd to get busy!

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Oh my gosh! They are all wonderful!
    I've been saving blue bottles for a bottle tree, but maybe I'll make totems instead.
    Kathy

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES