Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

Fall Bear

kirkus
13 years ago

Hi everyone! Just decorated my chainsaw carved bear for fall. I had showed him before when I shared the birdhouse Jeanne had made for us for the Garden Junk Secret Santa Exchange. My bear's name is Bart...he was gifted to my by a student and his family when they were moving to California and couldn't take him with them. Bart sits at the entrance to our road into our properety. I've had him for years and love decorating him for the holidays and seasons. This year, I added the shovel and rake head from my junk tool collection. HAPPY FALL! Bear Hugs! Kirk

{{gwi:192079}}

Comments (12)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Ahhh, I hope Bart didn't eat the former own of that hat! Looks a bit too small for him...so hoping the owner was a fast runner!!!

Bart's vignette is waa-a-a-y CUTE! Love the pumpkins, the old tools you added & that cute signage & cheerful sunflower! Of course, I'm honored to be part of the vignette with the bdhouse & love how you made it your own...great decor & the bear just "tops" it off! TFS! Jeanne S.

• hostarhodo
    13 years ago

Kirk everything looks great, just wondering what old Bart would look like with an old Park Ranger Hat on, you know the old pointed ones, we would call it a Mountie hat here. The Boy Scouts used to wear them as well.

My son who is now 37 always wanted one,did not have them when he was in scouting. Found one at a second hand store last year.

Bet everyone would stand at attention if old Bart had one on, may even get a salute. LOL

Betty

• kirkus
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Jeanne and Betty! Your comments made my evening!

Betty, now I have to find one of those hats!!!! What a great idea! Living in the woods, he would look GREAT with a Park Ranger hat on. (Of course, I would have to spray it with critter repellent! Notice Bart's hat? The squirrels attacked it! LOL Had to spray it! Once I left my downed coat on our porch, and the squirrels destroyed it! Bad squirrels! LOL)

Bear Hugs! Kirk

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

He looks good! Bet your kids used to yell"we're home" every time they caught sight of Bart!! Great way for friends to find your house!! Love the big sunflower!! Birdhouse & Welcome sign with pumpkins give it all a very fall feel!! It was 108 today, not exactly fall here, supposed to be hotter tomorrow! Jan

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Aaaahhhh...your entrance looks very inviting! Love all of the fall decor....Bart looks quite dapper in his straw hat, but a Park Ranger hat would be very funny! Thanks for the inspiration! Great job.

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

The bear is so perfect.............Lucky you that he had to get left behind! Love the sign, the sunflower and old tools. His hat is perfect for the season. I see a Santa hat coming and then you will have to be on the look-out for a ranger hat....how cute that would be!! HAPPY FALL

• kirkus
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here's a past picture of Bart around Halloween. "Witchy Poo"! :o) The birds attacked the rafia on the "Spider Cider" sign. LOL I placed battery votives in the Jack-o-lanterns. Looks spooky at night. The little Jack-o-lantern in front seems out of place. Our daughter placed it there, and who can argue with cuteness! LOL I thought I should buy a cauldron this year...what should I put in it? Bear Hugs! Kirk

{{gwi:192081}}

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

How cute! He looks quite handsome regardless of which hat he's wearing. Love the pumpkins and sunflower and the old garden tools fit right in. Both signs are adorable! We would have no problem finding your house!

• hostarhodo
    13 years ago

For a cauldron I did at work (hospital lobby)a few years ago I took 3 bricks, red cellopane with lights inside in between bricks (for fire), large old blue and white canning pot with lights inside under green cellophane (for bubbling green) added a small skull. Went back next day and the physiotherapist had added partial skeleton lifesize skull and arms, one arm resting on side of pot with fingers holding on to it. Looked as though he was trying to crawl out. Made my day.

Oh what fun. Bart could be a wizard with a gazing ball in the cauldron add a small light inside the pot to make it glow, or pumpkin innards (seeds and stringy pulp). Dressed as a gardener he could have a small evergreen in the cauldron decorated with small pkg of dried pumpkin seeds as treats. One I like is just put a hat in the cauldron, the rest is your imagination. Any hat would do (but ranger hat would be perfect).LOL Sorry Have fun

Betty

• shpnquen
    13 years ago

I just love this time of year & trying to decorate for fall & Halloween!! Your buddy, Bart, has to be a treat for anyone that drives by! We would never be able to have something like that here. If the squirrels didn't destroy it all, then vandals would. I will live vicariously through you then! Keep up the fun (if the squirrels let you)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I've been in love with Bart for years, he always makes me smile with his happy expression. He's a cool dude no matter what he wears or celebrates.

hugs, Karen

• daisydal
    13 years ago

Kirk, that is un-BEAR-ably cute!!!!!! That is one of those outdoor vignettes that I always hafta stop and take a picture of!!! You done a great job placing everything. I love Bart and I agree, the Mountie hat would be a hoot!! I love the sunflower,the pumpkins and the birdhouse from Ms. Jeanne just TOPS it all off, too! Very wonderful eye candy!!!

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm