Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Here - Meet My Family

Posted by pixie_lou 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 12, 11 at 21:48

I don't even know how I stumbled upon the Garden Junk forum, but somehow I did and I've been very inspired by all of your projects. At the same time, I was quite disappointed to find out that I had not invented Terra Cotta people.

I have a 6 year old daughter and we are in the process of creating a whimsy garden for her. We have the terra cotta family, a flowering teepee, moss steps and a fallen tree planter. So far.

I thought I would share my Terra Cotta famiy. Terra Cotta man is still a work in progress so I haven't glued him together yet or given him his pumpkin face. Even though I have been quite inspired by the other elaborate terra cotta people I have seen on this forum, I like mine how they are.

FWIW - nothing was purchased to make these people. Enjoy!

Terra Cotta Family

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Here - Meet My Family

Your family is so cute! Very creative. I hope to create a garden with my granddaughter, I have several ideas for projects with her. I will have to wait for her to get a little bigger-she is only 8 months old right now.

o

Very cute! I love the colored "skirts" on the ladies!! I think a coat hanger twisted would make some arms as I really think the little girl should hold something in her hands! Your 6 yr old can decide what, flowers or a little rake or shovel etc. A small watering can that she painted a pic on & you sealed with some clear spray might work too. Have fun with your project! They get so excited about things like this when young. Enjoy every minute!! My 6 yr old is now almost 42, she was Halloween baby!!She & kids had a fun garden this year so pass it on to your kids, too! Jan

o

Sweet!
Have fun.
Kathy
ps WELCOME to the forum!

o

Welcome.....your little family is adorable! I agree some "arma" would be the finishing touch. Hope to see more of your creations soon.

o

What a cute little family! Love 'em!

o

Welcome Pixie, you'll really enjoy the gang here and all the neat stuff. It would seem you've already posted your own too. Very cute TC family.

hugs, Karen

o

So cute !!! Welcome to the GJ !!

o

so cute! i love pot people...and i've been wanting to make some for a long long time. i agree with the others about the arms, but i loooove the skirts on them. especially the yellow one, i love the shape on that one. welcome!

erin

o

thanks every one for the warm welcome.

kylslil1 - The yellow skirt was some type of decorative pot. I think it is supposed to look like a tulip.

sunnyca - your comment reminds me of Picasso and the Sylvette sculpture - Sylvette needed something to hold in her hand.

I did think that arms would look nice, but I couldn't quite figure out how I wanted to attach them. I like the hangar idea. That'll give me some incentive to get the clothes to the dry cleaner - so I can get some wire hangars! I'll see what I come up with.

I spent the day today mulching that whole area. You can no longer see the pallet pieces that the family is standing on - it's all mulched with wood chips.

o

Welcome to the forum Pixie! Glad you joined in. Your terra cotta family is just sweet and your idea of a whimsy garden is just wonderful. I hope you'll show us your creations as you go along!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here