Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bragging about a Birdhouse by Jeanne!

Posted by kirkus WA (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 7, 10 at 22:22

Hi Everyone! We received this birdhouse from Jeanne in the Garden Junk Secret Santa Exchange 2 years ago. She really spoiled us with her gifts!

Jeanne's Gift

I FINALLY mounted the birdhouse on a post this summer and added a few more adornments...like the metal bear on top (a gift from a fourth grade student) and the round metal pieces from an old wooden ladder I had. I placed the birdhouse next to Bart the Bear at our entrance to our road into our property. (Bart was a gift long ago from a former student who knew I LOVE bears! I love Bart!)

Bart

Here's a close-up of our BEAUTIFUL birdhouse by Jeanne! Jeanne, YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION! We have received so many compliments about our birdhouse!

Birdhouse

Had to share and brag about Jeanne! Bear Hugs! Kirk

P.S. I hope we do the Secret Santa Exchange again this year! :o)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bragging about a Birdhouse by Jeanne!

Great birdhouse! I like the round ladder pieces you added & the bear on top is the perfect finish to the scene around "Bart"! Thanks for showing! Jan

o

Gosh!! What a great gift!! What you did with it looks perfect with the setting too. Y'all are so crafty!

o

Looks wonderful Kirk! Love the extra adornments too! Makes quite a nice addition to your entrance.

And, yes, Jeanne is awesome!

o

Nice birdhouse by Jeanne and like the added touches you did. Bart is really a bear to be proud of. It all looks sooooo good together! Let us hear more about this Secret Santa Exchange! I'm fairly new to this forum and I know there is other newbies that would be interested and ya know Santa Time is gonna be here sooner than most of us would like!

o

Jeanne sure has a great eye! How did she know that birdhouse would look so awesome in your garden? hehe Love the bear you added to the top. Kind of like the cherry on the top of a sundae.

oldcrafty, the forum had a Secret Santa Exchange for the past few years. Keep an eye on the message board in a few months to see if anyone conjures it up again! It was a lot of fun.

o

I showed DH your post here, Kirk & we both think that it is so cool that one of our barnwood birdhouses found a home in Washington state! Wow, it looks great in your Bart vignette! Love the rustic junk (art) that you've added to it! That bear is "perfect!"...& other cool rustic pcs that you put on the bdhse & post. TFS! I'm glad you enjoyed this bdhse inside your home & now the birds can enjoy it, too, outside! Hope it weathers well for you for a long, long time! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Very very cool!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here