Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Autumn display on my front porch...

Posted by tasymo zone 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 15, 10 at 22:30

...it's not quite done yet. I think I need some Mums in my minnow buckets and black birds. Let's see yours!

Here is a link that might be useful: Autumn display

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Autumn display on my front porch...

Looks good but mums always add a festive touch & couple of blackbirds in the corn-stocks would look great. So far I just stuck some fake sunflowers in a bucket like container & set them behind plants that aren't doing much as we have had another hot spell. Put copper colored pansies in redwood containers.Will take while to fill in. Did make 4 apple pies from my apples today! Jan

o

That's pretty, our Autumn is still weeks away. I usually put the stuff out right before Halloween even if it's still hot out.

o

It's still too hot here, so I haven't put out fall decor yet, but I LOVE fall and all that goes with it, and your decorations look great! Puts me in the mood to think about cooler weather and that great fall smell in the air. TFS!

o

The only decoration I have this year outside for fall is actually on my door. I made a wreath last year with lots of pics from the Hobby Lobby. It was so fun to do! I also made one for xmas and I want to make one for summer. I have one I bought for spring, before I decided to make them myself (much funner and very unique!) lol

Here's a pic of one I made:
Photobucket

And my Christmas one:

Photobucket

I guess I went a little crazy with all the pics but it's sooo much fun to do! ;) I also had fun making the bows (after a lot of practice lol)

o
Wreaths!..

Very cute Kentstar! Love the red candy cane hearts & you did a nice job on both of them! Bows are hard to make(sometimes it's the ribbon) so I usually use wire- edged, can bend it whatever way I need to to get it in shape. Jan

o

Thanks!
I did use the wired-edged ribbons. Much easier to work with for sure.

o

very nice!! I too only just started & need some pretty gourds & I just got my mums last week. I'm still wanting corn shucks & a bale or 3 of hay. LOL!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here