Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Witch & Stars for My Gardens

Posted by jeannespines 4 Iowa (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 25, 10 at 23:01

Here's a witch I made some yrs back out of an "old barnwood"...broken off at the bottom, add a strip of wood across for a hat. some rafia for hair, abracadabra! ... this yr I "re-vibed" her a bit by adding a crow to the brim of her hat (thanks to a suggestion by a forum friend):

Barnwood Witch w/Crow 9.10

And here she is stuck in garden vignette by garage door ...with an old iron wheel & a couple gourds from the garden...will add pumpkin later:

Witch Vignette as Garage Door 9.10

Also, I added on to my "blue bottle fence" link (& that link got very long!)...thanks, luna, for commenting...here's a couple more pics in case you missed the lazer stars I added... DH opened his tackle box & used spinners & fishing line. The stars are metal & then torched blue by the seller...got them on a trip this Spring & think they are so cool.

Blue Bottles w/Lazer Stars 9.10

Here you can see all 3 ... sunshining in these pics:

Blue Bottles w/Stars 9.10

And, here's the whole area...I'll keep adding...yesterday pic when it drizzled:
Blue Bottle Fence w/Stars Full view 9.10

Fall is here! Jeanne S.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Witch & Stars for My Gardens

The witch is cute & crow adds to her "beauty"! I love those stars,beautiful, really look great with those blue bottles!! No fall here 106 today!! Jan

o

ADORable witch (and fence decor).

o

I love your witch.... add some fangs and give her a vampire friend .. your blue fence is just so cool, love it...

o

Really like your witch! And the metal stars are really neat! I've got to get inspired for fall myself....soon!

o

Jeanne, ABSOLUTELY love the witch behind the wheel and gourd! (Love that wheel too!) SWEEEEET! Love the blue bottles with the stars too! INSPIRING! I always say "inspiring" when I refer to your creations!!!! LOVE IT ALL! TFS&I (Thanks for Sharing & Inspiring!) Bear Hugs! Kirk

o

I don't remember seeing that witch before, she sure is darling. I think even I might be able to paint her. The crow is her perfect pet. They look very sneaky peering out from that wheel. Too cute.
Frou

o

Your witch would be kind of scary if her eyes glowed. lol! I was thinking maybe they did in that first pic. I agree, the addition of the crow was a great idea. Love your spinner stars! I bet they look even better in the sunlight while spinning in the breeze!

o

I love the witch & those stars are so cool!! I have a few pieces of that laser cut metal too.

o

Those stars are wonderful, Jeanne! And Mz Witch is very cute, especially now she has a crow buddy to keep her company.

hugs, Karen

o

The song, "Witchy Woman", by the Eagles started playing in my mind as I read this!! Love yr witch, so darn primitive and cute!! The fence is amazing, bet it looks pretty with the sunlight coming thru! Yr place is like a constant-evolving park!!! Love it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here