Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stars

Posted by twomonths So Calif (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 17, 08 at 23:16

Some one made these from verticle blinds a couple of yrs ago and posted. I tried it and really got hooked making them. Can not find any of my pics but this one. You can search for German Stars and find a lot of directions with good pictures.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y221/junema63/stars6.jpg

may have to copy and paste...not sure why it did not copy correctly.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stars

Hi...these are soooo cool! We break these blinds on a regular basis around here...off to find the instructions!

o

What a great idea! Hope this link works.

Here is a link that might be useful: stars

o

excellent idea! i think they look great!

o

Oh Wow, those are awesome! I don't remember seeing the first post on this Twomonhts. If someone finds the instructions, please post it, I'd love to make these. I think these would be so awesome hanging from an outdoor Christmas tree.

Sal

o

Oh Wow, I love these. I'd like to know how to make them too.

o

http://www.highhopes.com/3dstar.html
white paper directions (I printed out this and a colored paper one and it is easier for me to follow the colored one) I mess up all the time...but I just go with it cause they come out different....or fall apart, lol. Be sure to bend the end of the blinds to see if they will fold without breaking before you get started. If they break, they are too old and brittle. I used some regular blinds and some of the vertical ones. I have cut them into smaller strips as well as use whole. And if there were ends cut off, I used them for smaller ones...and kept on until they were too small to cut and fold, lol.

I am posting these here cause they are curb finds and I used them as garden junk. I am going to go over under the crafts forum and post some more there on the Paper Crafts site. Since they are paper and ribbon directions. check them out also.

Colored directions below. Notice this person folded the bottom right strip and the other directions show starting with the top right one and rotating.

Here is a link that might be useful: paper stars

o
Stars address

I had to go thru Home Decorating, then Crafts to get to Paper Art. Sending the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Paper crafts

o

I made them 2 or 3 years ago and posted on one of these websites.. trash to treasure, or Kitchen table.. lol
very fun to make! They ARE heavy though! this is from the verticle blinds I took off the tv room wall... it measures around 16 to 17 ".

o

Twomonths & Kat ... those are so pretty! What a great way to recycle those old blinds that usually just end up in the land fill. thanks for sharing this idea ~tenderlee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here