Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Door to the Seasons

Posted by jlily Z6 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 26, 13 at 23:18

This will be my last project of the season----I think! It is a door for a china cabinet or something similar. I bought it at a yard sale. I added a 2x4 frame to attach it to my shed. Then added shelves to display items of the season. I still have to fashion its' roof. ENJOY! Jlily

photo doortoseasons003.jpg

photo doortoseasons005-2.jpg">

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Door to the Seasons

Adorable and a great idea.

o

That's a wonderful idea. That technique could be used inside too.

o

I'm glad that you like it. I've had company but now will get back to work on it. I didn't have room for it inside. Jlily

o

Wow, you're a great carpenter, so well made! It's so cute & will be a very cheerful spot to spread some holiday cheer no matter the season! Like the cream on the centers of lower doors, really makes them look terrific! TFS Jan

o

How cute is that! I love the arched top on it and the shutters that close up. What a great idea! Looks great for all of your displays! Thanks for sharing it with us.

o

Wow, y'all are so handy! You did a beautiful job, it goes perfectly with your (equally beautiful) shed :).
What a great place to put your favorite little things and treasures. I love it.
I see you're in z6. Will it get snowed on? Will you close it up for the winter?

o

That is a very clever idea!! Cute.

o

Those are so cute!!

o

• Posted by cnm1 6 Oh (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 5, 13 at 5:02

I love it!! Great idea - I have not seen that before. Wish I had a shed!!

o

Thank you all for your kind comments. I must fess up, however. My DS did the carpenter work for me. I do the scraping, sanding, painting, arranging shelves, etc. Enjoy! Jlily

photo doorampwreath002.jpg">

o

I think it was a wonderful idea, and a great addition to the shed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here