Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Blue Garden(ing) Angel

Posted by r_murray 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 6, 10 at 23:36

So DW said make an angel. And I said okay.
Even the most astute observer will not know all the parts.
So without further fanfare.
The halo is a bicycle gear (what else)
The head is a WW1 deactivated hand grenade (didn't see that coming did ya?)
The wings were cut from a computer case. (I hate to fabricate parts but. . . )
The main shaft is an automobile tie rod part.
Then the sub-base is one of those glass, star-shaped candle holders.
The base, base is just a treated old piece of pine.
Photobucket

A few different views.
Photobucket

Hope ya like it.
Robert

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Blue Garden(ing) Angel

Heavenly!! I LOVE it!!

o

What a gorgeous blue and how fitting that she sports a hand grenade for a head! Great work as usual, Robert!

o

While I've loved all your creatures, this has got to be my favorite! Robert, she shoulda been #50!

o

That is beautiful. Lovely angel for the garden.

o

I really like that! You are so talented!

o

BEAUTIFUL!!! Another fine work of art Robert!

o

An old Handgrenade ?!?!?!?!

You da bomb Bob !!

o

Cool!!

o

You've done it again!! Great thing to do with a grenade, safe & sane!! Nice work! Jan

o

You are SO creative. Where do you stash your materials? You must have a building full.

o

Laura, it's a real struggle finding scrap these days when all the shops are recycling.
So I'm scavenging my collection of "good" stuff for parts (like the old hand grenade I purchased years ago for a buck).Ive gotten some stuff from neighbors and from freecycle,

Robert

o

Robert again you did it again, What can I say BUT ITS DA BOMB Robert you are so very talented and everything you create always makes me think God has given you amazing talents, but the best part is that you have taken your talent created and then by posting it we can enjoy and admire, and sit here in admirations while we view an original work right in our own homne.
PS Thank you for your genorosity by even giving us the instructions.
Again I am awestruck that your eye can find beauty in gears, candle holder, computer case and the grenade.
Thank You so much for sharing ;(*~*);
Nanagrandma/Sylvia

o

You are definitely one clever fella!! Love the color of blue you chose too! I bet the wife loves it!!! She better.... ;-)

o

Robert, your talents are never ending and I am so grateful that you share all your work with us. I sit in suspense just wondering WHAT can he think of next!?!?!?!?

o

I think what I love about this blue angel is the contradiction of what found materials you used to make her..the serenity of the star glass sub-base vs the brutality of a hand grenade for her head. The metal bicycle halo & auto tie rod body vs the fabricated wings from a computer casing. Wow! This pc needs to be in an art gallery! TFS your talent, Robert. Jeanne S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here