Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
this is what happens....

Posted by panama1 z7 ala (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 18, 13 at 23:40

when you are bored, and your a garden junker....lol I usually pick up kids balls when I find them at the thrift or yard sales, cause my gkids and my dogs like playing with them.... bought a clear neon green/yellow ball the last time I went shopping, got bored sitting around, and ended up with this.....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: this is what happens....

Looks neat! How did you do it though?

o

I cut the ball on top and bottom, small hole on bottom for spike and larger hole on top to slide solar light in so it was even with ball....in daylight you see the very top of the light, but not glaringly obvious, at night it looks like pics.... I have some purple ones from last yr's Halloween, from dollar gen, I cut out the bottom and stuck them over solar light in a chandie.... friend came today asked "where did you get the purple glass from" she didn't believe me when I told her they were toy balls...

o

Neat idea! TFS Jan

o

Cool! That's a great idea using plastic balls. I love solar lights in the garden, and it's fun to try different things like that with them.

o

Thanks so much for posting this. I love warm colored solar lights, specifically orange and green, but really dislike the cold blue/white color of most solar lights. This is the perfect solution for converting eerie blue creepy lights into beautiful earthy green and orange lights. Thank you for posting this solution!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here