Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Neighbor's Potting Bench

Posted by lindasewandsew 9 So Calif (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 26, 10 at 0:33

Sometimes the free wood pile gets too large in my yard, so about 6 months ago DH and I built this bench for a neighbor out of curb finds. It's large, more than 9 feet long. Every piece of it was free except for paint and screws. We're fairly lame carpenters, so it took about 3 days to build. Then we drug it across the street an into her back yard. In hindsight, it may have been easier to BUILD it in her back yard, lol. She and I sanded and primed it one day and painted it the next. The security door was perfect curb find, (spray painted white) because she loves hearts. The pvc lattice was already white and just needed washed. The table top and roof are made from some very sturdy fence boards I drug home, but think they're too heavy to hang on the chain link fence. We'll be adding moulding at some point, since there's a large pile of that in my yard too. Linda

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Neighbor's Potting Bench

My guess is that that potting bench will get more pots filled than any we've seen! She looks like she is 1 happy lady! That is more like you would expect to see at a nursery for the workers to pot & repot plants! It's a real beauty & I love the heart door!! So great of you to do that for her & only in 3 days!! Wow! Jan

o

WOWZER!! That is some potting bench!! And you dragged it across the street? Can you come and be my neighbor?? Looks great...you and DH did a great job! Love the screen door on the end..nice touch! What a nice thing to do for your neighbor, I'm sure she will enjoy it for years to come.

o

Wowsers! I think we're all going to try and be Linda's neighbors!

o

WOW...that is one durable potting bench!...a double decker, no less! What a great spot for gardening! I agree...you needed to build that baby in her backyard! Yikes! The security door curbfind is beautiful & PVC lattice, the best! Should last for many yrs!

I'm singing Mr. Rogers, "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day..." TFS, sew&sew! Jeanne S.

o

I was singing Mr. Rogers too...but I was singing "Won't you please, won't you please, please won't you be my neighbor???? LOL

So great...we all need neighbors like that, heck I'd settle for one that didn't have a barking dog!! (hehe)

o

Cool!!! I like that!!!

o

Your neighbor looks absolutely delighted! That's one lucky lady! What a wonderful potting bench. You and your DH did an awesome job! Are there any houses for sale nearby? he-he

o

Holy cow, wish I had you for a neighbor. You can come and create something in my back yard anytime. Wonderful job!!!

o

What a great potting bench! There's room for more than one person to work there. I'm sure she loves her neighbor's .............I would!

o

I am so impressed, I wish you lived next door to me.

o

that is great Linda. What a great thing to do for someone who has done so much for you.

o

That is beautiful and you are such a dear. It makes me LOL thinking of y'all dragging it across the street. Sounds just like something DH and I would do.
Frou

o

It's great to have a good friend rignt across the street (for more than 20 years!). Thank you for the nice comments. We may be building one of these in my back yard soon, to store pots and have planted pots on. Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here