RE: Round fish

Amazing as usual Robert.

o

OMGosh! I WANT HIM!~

Great job Robert!

o

OMG ........ he is way too cool. Indeed he would be a fine catch! My boss recently made me a bottle tree, I'll have to forward pics, I watched him cut and make it. Then requested that he comes back another day and teaches me how to weld! He uses a wire feed welder and I know it's not as easy as it looks.....but I want to learn!!!
Keep those cool ideas coming!

o

The one lesson I learned about welding has stayed with me all these years: "watch the puddle."

o

Very cool!! Looks like top of wrought iron table, faucet handle in red & don't know what else. I'm probably wrong but always fun to guess! Jan

o

I LOVE, LOVE this fish. I have a pond that he would look GREAT next to. I am showing this to my son. I guess it is time for him to teach me how to weld. He is skilled trade sheet metal worker. My hubby could, but out of state for awhile. So much to learn and so little time for ALL of it. Thanks for sharing Robert, once again.

I did just buy a copper fish this last week during our Oktoberfest. But, I LOVE yours the BEST!

How big around is the body? I am getting one of these for Christmas from my son, he just doesn't know it yet. HA! HA!

o

• Posted by sorie6 Zone4 Colo (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 19, 10 at 20:03

That is one cool fish. You do great work.

o

Don't think I want to hook in to him! Looks like very sharp teeth!!! Hope you get him out to the pond soon...cause I think he's gaspin' for air! LOL! Great recycling...great fish! Will look good near water! (& maybe cattails) TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Awesome as always, Robert! You'll have to tell us just how big he is. Kind of reminds me of a Pacu ... a large relation of the piranha.

o

Well for the size: It is made from a 26" bicycle wheel (spokes removed), the teeth are made from a cut down pruning saw (garden tie-in), the tail is of course a rake (another garden tie-in), the gill fin is the notorious ceiling fan bracket (the last one I think), the eye looks solid but is actually a round mirror with a painted pupil mounted in a bicycle gear, scrap steel rod, a pair of shel brackets, and scrap.

o

This is a great fish. Do you have a business where you sell these? You're very creative and make me wish I could weld.

o

Oh Ron it's good to see another Ron creation...

o

What a cute and funny guy, love the teeth. I can see a smaller one in front of him. (gobble, gobble). Great job.
Frou

o

absolutely amazing. what kind of welder you you use?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here