13 years ago

Amazing as usual Robert.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

OMGosh! I WANT HIM!~

Great job Robert!

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

OMG ........ he is way too cool. Indeed he would be a fine catch! My boss recently made me a bottle tree, I'll have to forward pics, I watched him cut and make it. Then requested that he comes back another day and teaches me how to weld! He uses a wire feed welder and I know it's not as easy as it looks.....but I want to learn!!!
    Keep those cool ideas coming!

• tehuti
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The one lesson I learned about welding has stayed with me all these years: "watch the puddle."

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Very cool!! Looks like top of wrought iron table, faucet handle in red & don't know what else. I'm probably wrong but always fun to guess! Jan

• greensuzq
    13 years ago

I LOVE, LOVE this fish. I have a pond that he would look GREAT next to. I am showing this to my son. I guess it is time for him to teach me how to weld. He is skilled trade sheet metal worker. My hubby could, but out of state for awhile. So much to learn and so little time for ALL of it. Thanks for sharing Robert, once again.

I did just buy a copper fish this last week during our Oktoberfest. But, I LOVE yours the BEST!

How big around is the body? I am getting one of these for Christmas from my son, he just doesn't know it yet. HA! HA!

• sorie6 zone 6b
    13 years ago

That is one cool fish. You do great work.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Don't think I want to hook in to him! Looks like very sharp teeth!!! Hope you get him out to the pond soon...cause I think he's gaspin' for air! LOL! Great recycling...great fish! Will look good near water! (& maybe cattails) TFS! Jeanne S.

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Awesome as always, Robert! You'll have to tell us just how big he is. Kind of reminds me of a Pacu ... a large relation of the piranha.

• tehuti
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well for the size: It is made from a 26" bicycle wheel (spokes removed), the teeth are made from a cut down pruning saw (garden tie-in), the tail is of course a rake (another garden tie-in), the gill fin is the notorious ceiling fan bracket (the last one I think), the eye looks solid but is actually a round mirror with a painted pupil mounted in a bicycle gear, scrap steel rod, a pair of shel brackets, and scrap.

• lily51
    13 years ago

This is a great fish. Do you have a business where you sell these? You're very creative and make me wish I could weld.

• leveta
    13 years ago

Oh Ron it's good to see another Ron creation...

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

What a cute and funny guy, love the teeth. I can see a smaller one in front of him. (gobble, gobble). Great job.
    Frou

• lizzardly
    13 years ago

absolutely amazing. what kind of welder you you use?

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?