Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I didn't let the Lexel cure long enough...

Posted by concretenprimroses 4B NH (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 21, 11 at 8:08

Two of the flowers I have hanging on the fence lost a part. Both are ones that I really want Lexel for the clearness. So I decided I'm just going to sell at the the sale in someone's home on Dec. 3 with my geii flowers, and probably skip the other Christmas fair(s). I was a little overwhelmed trying to think of how to fit displays into tiny spaces and light the flowers so they would sparkle. I really need more time to think about it. I'll let the lexel ones cure in the house for a few more weeks. Then I'll hang them up outside for the winter, so I can be confident about them in the spring. I think I would prefer outdoor fairs also.

Just hope I don't get company anytime soon since they are now all over the bed and floor in the spare room!

They will probably sell better in the spring anyway.

Course I could always try to make 50 or so more with ge ii between now and Christmas...
lol

Kathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I didn't let the Lexel cure long enough...

I had a lexel pf come apart just recently.Thanks for your update. It sounds like your making a good decision about doing the fairs. Keep up the good work :) Kim

o
RE: I didn't let the Lexel cure long enough...

I advertise my flowers and teacups on a local Facebook page. Yesterday a woman came and purchased $96.00 worth of things. Hubby says, "hmm, do we need to go look for more stuff?" Guess that made him a believer.I found that the easiest way to keep the items at home is to give each item a number and log them in a book. When I take photos of them,and post them then the customer has an idea of what she wants by the # on the piece. The pieces are packed in boxes that have the #s written on the outside. so I can easily find what flower the customer may like. Yesterday this woman was interested in two pieces I had posted and she liked others more and didn't purchase the two she came for. Now today, I will be shopping for more 'stuff' !
There never seem to be many inside sales down here, and right now it is windy outside all the time. The pieces look so much better outside though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here