Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Not all calk guns are created equal...

Posted by concretenprimroses 4B NH (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 14, 11 at 9:25

When I first started using a calk gun to put my flowers together instead of a tube of geii, I went to the cellar and grabbed one of dh's several guns that he keeps on a shelf. After making a bunch, my hand was a little sore but I figured that was the price of efficiency. Well I kept using the same calk gun until one day I couldn't find it. The only one I could find was a plastic one that I assumed was not as good.

Was I ever wrong! It is the best! With just a little pressure the calk comes out in a perfect bead, totally controlled and no pain in the hand. Its amazing and I will never use another.

It is yellow plastic tube holder with a black plastic handle and trigger. The words "Ergo Tech Series" and a patent number are on the black part and "Dripless" on the yellow part.

Beg borrow or buy one if you are a totem or plate flower maker and your current calk gun is hard on your hand. Dh isn't sure where he got it. His comment when I pointed out my discovery was "Oh yeah that's the good one."
Maybe Sherwin Wms he thought.

Kathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Not all calk guns are created equal...

Well, thank you so much for sharing that tidbit. I have arthritis and the caulking gun is hard on my hand. I'm going to see if I can find one. Jlily

o

My son bought the coolest caulking gun from Home Depot - it was only $10 . The beads came out smooth & it was dripless,too. Even the tip turned so you could change the direction of the bead while keeping it smooth. It had a gizmo to cut off the tip of the caulk tube,too. Talk about builing a better mousetrap ! LOL

***** It's the little things in life that make us Happy !!!

o

Thank you for sharing that, Kathy!

You can Google "Ergo Tech Series Caulk Gun".
That will bring up a site where you can enter your state
And find out where it is sold.

Rusty

o

Great share for all the totem/plate/dish people! sounds like a real winner, crete! Jeanne S.

o

I have got to say i love my caulk gun, it is battery powered. My honey bought it for me for a christmas present a few years ago. Has a high and low. And i do lots and lots of using it for windows and all my outside mosaic pieces. Doesn't hurt my bad wrist at all.

o

I, also had pain while creating- and bought a new caulk gun from a garage sale for fifty cents-
what a difference! don't settle for pain- buy a new one! lol-

Keep on caulking!

o

Wow! Battery operated. I had no idea.
Kathy

o

I was having a hard time with metal caulk gun,so I checked to see if there was a battery version--- and yes! Black and Decker (Amazon).... Plastic with battery power...What a difference:)

o

I was worried in retrospect that I had exagerated, but today dh needed the good gun to fix the roof and I wanted to make more pf's. Well it was a lot harder and messier :(

Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here