Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Chairy' Tree

Posted by donaldb 5B Worcester, MA (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 21, 10 at 10:09

Had some old chairs and decided to add to my old cherry tree some new "chairies".

Image link: 'Chairy' Tree (8 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Chairy' Tree (A larger pic)

• Posted by donaldb 5B Worcester, MA (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 21, 10 at 11:13

A larger pic.
Photobucket

o
RE: 'Chairy' Tree

OMGosh! How cool is that! LOVE the red chairs...great job! Thanks so much for sharing with us.

o

That is way cool and very imaginative!!

o

How marvelous and unexpected! I'm so glad you posted a larger pic... I was about to go find a magnifying glass!

o

Neat idea, love the red. I wonder how it would look if you put a hole in the center of some or each chair and added a flower pot filled with impatients or any other shade loving plant? Just a thought. :)

o

Great conversation starter!! You must have them wired on or wind would blow them off of nails or hooks, I would think! Is the tree dead or still producing, sure looks big & now so chairy!! Jan

o

Now you just need some little ghosts to sit on them for Halloween. lol! What a cool idea for what looks like a dead tree! Thanks for sharing!

o

Fri, Oct 22, 10 at 9:38

Glad everyone enjoyed. The tree is dead and the chairs are held on with hooks. In the spring my wife plans on putting pots of flowers on the chairs. One of the chairs had exactly that as chelcass mentioned, we had flowers on it and then decided to hang them up.

o

• Posted by sorie6 Zone4 Colo (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 22, 10 at 18:48

Soo clever. What a way to use a dead tree!! tfs.

o

This was a great surprise! How did you ever think to do that? LOVE IT!!!!

o

Good idea! I thought you were gonna show a picture like this....

Here is a link that might be useful: A chair tree

o

Sun, Oct 24, 10 at 13:22

Whoa calamity_j! Now that picture if the man in the tree is something else. Talk about imagination.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here