Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Don't Squash Your Imaginations

Posted by dcarch Z6 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 24, 10 at 11:09

Guys, I also post at the Cooking Forum a lot.

Go check out this post for Halloween possibilities:

Halloween

dcarch

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Don't Squash Your Imaginations

Wow, beautiful plate of food! I'm not a seafood eater but might try something like that. Your skull still has it's skin!!Where's the rest of him? In the freezer? Great for Halloween!Jan

o

Very cool Halloween dish! The rest of them are gorgeously presented too. I love wild rice. It has a delicious nutty flavor. You can buy it in 50 pound bags up in Superior, WI or the Duluth, MN area (along the shore of Lake Superior). One of my favorite dishes is a cream of chicken soup with wild rice. Yum, yum, yum!

o

How cool is that! Great job on the skeleton!

o

Ooooh! I LOVE real wild rice, and yours looks amazing! Your squash skulls with cauliflower brains are so cool! I'm going to have to try that, maybe even take some to a Halloween Party this weekend! Thanks for the great ideas!

o
I'm going to give this a shot!

I don't have the wild rice, but I do have butternut squash and cauliflower... so I'm going to try this for a Halloween party tonight!

o

Here's mine! Thanks for the great idea dcarch! It was a hit at the party I went to. I just oven roasted the rest of the cauliflower and another squash, chopped up, since I didn't have wild rice. Oh, and I added some smoked sausage to the mix. I gave my skull a sausage tongue, though I think it looks more like a cigar...

Here is a link that might be useful: My version of the squash skull w/cauliflower brains.

o

That is fantastic! I am sure it added a lot of fun to the party.

You did a great job!

I love the cigar idea.

dcarch

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here