Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susiewantsroses

fall wreath on the house

susiewantsroses
13 years ago

This year we desided to put a wreath for Fall where we usually put our Christmas Wreath. Hubs cut the circle and stapled chicken wire. Michaels sold me the wooden lettering, and I decorated with old decorations from past years. Luckily we had some spot lights to make it look great at night.

{{gwi:193975}}

{{gwi:193976}}

Comments (17)

• bootscootengal
    13 years ago

beautiful.....but my squirrels would eat it.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Looks SO inviting.....love all of your decorations Susie!

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

That is beeeee-utiful, I love the rooster. Your house looks awesome.
    Frou

• susiewantsroses
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Boots- Our trees are not mature enough to attract squirrels. We see a few over at the park next to the older oaks but have not had any here yet. Or......could it be the loose bobcats, and coyotes here in TX?? :O Also luckily the Christmas wreath never gets any grief either. I had squirrels down in Houston and they were eating lead pipe covers off of the roof!!! I know they can be fur-rocious!!!

Ms Frou frou- Thank you so much. We have time on our hands to decorate for the Holidays and have made it our hobby.

Marlene- I think I am a hoarder but I really do USE THE STUFF~ Thank you.

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Very nice, looks like the rooster just came out of that panel behind him. What is in the birdcage? Looks like a raven so I imagine it is not real! Looks very festive & I see the bike has fall flowers too! Jan

• backyardmom
    13 years ago

SO beautiful Susie.I love the fall colors so much.Makes me want to ring your doorbell.

• susiewantsroses
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all. The birdcage (with Raven) now has big black letters on it that say "NEVERMORE". Halloween needs a little Edgar Allen Poe. :) Here is a better pic of the bicycle.

{{gwi:193977}}

• grandma_cindy
    13 years ago

Oh my! How wonderful! Will you come decorate for me? LOL

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

susieroses...I ALWAYS love seeing your bicycle! It's changed colors...gorgeous! & I love "Nevermore" in the colorful cage! Wreath is lovely, lovely...rooster addition is great...but I wouldn't want to have been in Hubs shoes when he hung that! Whole place is such a welcoming site! (you need to share this on Holiday forum, too). TFS! Jeanne s.

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

SOOOOO inviting! I love the bike, the wreath and the rooster just makes it!

• susiewantsroses
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jeanne, I put everything here because it was outside garden stuff that was made from accumulated junk. Pretty much junk art. I LOVE THE HOLIDAY FORUM and adore their table settings but I forgot they sometimes put exterior pictures too. Susie

• shpnquen
    13 years ago

Beautiful displays & so fall festive!

• lily51
    13 years ago

Wonderful fall decorations! Wish it would last as long as summer. And I love that bicycle. Everything here says Welcome.

• laurastheme
    13 years ago

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! What more can I say. Both the decor and the house. That's my kind of architecture.

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Are are the WOMAN! I always love your creations but that wreath is exceptional. Just gorgeous ... especially knowing it was made from scraps! I love the rest of your Halloween decorations and congrats again for Sheryl "Scare" Crow winning the contest!

• susiewantsroses
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you for all of the confidence that you conveyed to me about our art projects. On Halloween we lit Tiki Torches (creating light smoke) all around the front and sides of the house and enjoyed everyone's response. All of the spotlights shined through the smoke and exaggerated the effect. It was like a foggy farm. We had pictures and videos taken of the house from the neighbors and many deliberate verbal praises. Since home making is my only job this was my paycheck. Thank you all for your generous comments as well. Thanksgiving garden art will be a slight variation with more feathers. Wish I had a mounted turkey now.

Jeanne- I also have a fetish for interior table setting but my photography never does it justice. Hubs and I are working on two interior trees (yes I said 10' trees) with mini lights for the small dining room. It will be finished when the lights with brown wire (had to order) get here. I'm not sure where something like that would be posted.

• nonacook
    13 years ago

Susie, you can post ANYTHING on the conversations side--We love to see inside decorations, and other things there.
    That said, I love your outside things, and the bicycle and wreath are wonderful.

Sponsored