Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marlene_kindred

Secret Santa for Christmas 2010!

Marlene Kindred
13 years ago

Hello all~

I've been seeing a few posts about a Secret Santa exchange for this Christmas and for those of you who are new, it is a BLAST! Always a ton of fun and lots of great junk arrives at your doorstep. So....I'm going to step out here and volunteer to be the SS exchange coordinator! Kirk and Smickerdoodle have graciously done it in years past, so I may have to pick their brains a little to make this flow smoothly, but if you are interested in participating please send me an email telling me so and giving me your home address. I will compile a list until November 5th! Then I will send you the person you will be sending a gift to. Please also send me a short list of things you like. (For example, I love dragonflies, things for totems, rusty things, flowers, birds, etc.) That helps the person shopping for you.

So.....everyone who is interested....get those emails coming! I'm excited....who's with me??

Comments (29)

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Woo Hoo! You are a dear to take it on, so put me on the list. I'll try not to send my packing tape this year.
    Frou

• chelcass
    13 years ago

Marlene you are a *peach*! tried to post a message yesterday but computer ate it.....Sigh. I am in! Had a Blast last year and have tons of stuff to share this year.

Chelcass

love, butterflys, dragonflies, chimes and anything I can make something out of. wood, rusty metal things, etc. Anything really.

W/send e-mail

• kelly_oh
    13 years ago

I'm in! exciting!!!!

• chelcass
    13 years ago

Marlene, Your e-mail address on your profile here doesn't work????????

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

Count me IN......This will be my first year...it sounds like sooooo much fun! Hope you post some guidelines for us.
    I like ANYTHING for the yard...I have a special place in my heart for squirrels , frogs , roosters and deer.
    Marlene, many thanks for taking on what must be a huge task. Linda

• kirkus
    13 years ago

I'm all signed up! YAHOO! Thanks, Marlene, for organizing the exchange this year! You'll love it! It's a lot of work but sooo worth it! YOU'RE THE BEST! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    13 years ago

bumping up to keep on the top!

• seamommy
    13 years ago

Count me in too. Cheryl

• a.girl.named.max
    13 years ago

Please count me in!!

Max

• lizzardly
    13 years ago

Count me in. I just sent you my addr via email.

• perkybarb
    13 years ago

Count me in. Last year was my first year and it was great! Thanks for doing it this year Marlene. I think I need a refresher course though.
    Barbara

• a.girl.named.max
    13 years ago

Thanks Marlene,

I am really looking forward to this. Hopefully I'm all signed up. I have a double garage full of garden junk that I would love to share. I paid less than $1.49 for most of my goodies. Thanks for coordinating.

Beautiful fall regards from Minnesota

A girl named "Max"

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Bumping to the top!

• nmgirl
    13 years ago

I just signed up...at least I hope I did. After reading the "Marlene your email isn't working" posts who knows where my email landed!

• tehuti
    13 years ago

I like everything.

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Just bumping this up again and adding a note...if I have not responded to you about wanting to sign up for the Secret Santa exchange, then I didn't get your email. I have gotten several, so I'm not sure what the problem is other than a linking problem from Garden web. My two emails are:

mkindred@umw.edu
    kindreds3@gmail.com

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

marlene...I've noticed that sometimes e-mail accidentally ends up in my "spam" box & those often get overlooked. Great that you are doing this...I'm sitting this yr out....but look forward to following & enjoying others' posts! Jeanne S.

• greensuzq
    13 years ago

Hi, I just emailed you to add me to your list. Can't believe it's that time of the year again. ALREADY?

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Bump!

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Daily bump!

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    13 years ago

NMGIRL~

I didn't get your email, so try again please...I've sent you a couple back, but you may have changed your email address...not sure!

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Bumping up again!

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Bump! If you haven't joined the SS exchange, don't forget the deadline is Nov. 5th!

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well since I've had two more people join in, I'll keep bumping this up!

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Well, I knew I probably would not be able to resist AFTER posting above that I would sit out this yr...SS's is too much fun! So, since the deadline is not up yet, I've changed my mind! (nope, won't change it back!) Please count me in, Marlene...sent an email. Thanks for doing this! Jeanne S.

Love anything "rustic" ... especially using old wood, metal, pottery...love feeding the birds (my DH takes care of that)...we make birdhouses, feeders, & lots of stuff out of recycled barn wood.

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Bump!

• azcactusflower
    13 years ago

Count me in too. This will be my first year, and it sounds like so much fun. I love birdhouses, flowers, butterflys, bees, squirrels, just about anything for the garden. I have sent you my e-mail address, hope you get it. Thanks for taking on this job. I love this forum. I have lots of goodies I can share.

• sandyl
    13 years ago

I would love to play. This would be my first time, please count me in. I am usually over in the Clematis forum, Tenn Gardening Forum, and or ponding forum, and or the Junk Forum or the Farming Forum, well i'm everywhere i guess. Some of the things I love are, well I have dairy goats and have had them for over 16 years, So I love anything related to goats, I have a koi garden pond so I love any thing related to my ponding hobbie, I have 23 plus clematis and I love any and all things related to gardening, birds,etc. I also feed hummingbirds and have for many years. I got in to the totem things several years ago and think I bought out several local GW fashion stores and TS and now not so much into sitting around make totems so I have packed up all the glass wear in rubber containers just waiting for someone eles to use. Can't wait to get my bubbies name and address. Sandy

• chelcass
    13 years ago

Bumping up.