Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Outdoor Kitchen Bar

Posted by excessfroufrou 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 20, 10 at 11:40

My DH has been wanting an outdoor kitchen for a long time. I recently found this cabinet by the curb. He pulled all the yucky siding off and reworked it. I mosaiced the top with tiles (samples) that a friend gave me. The sink and faucet came from the TS. The back of the short end is open and holds a rolling frig that we already had.
Frou
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Outdoor Kitchen Bar

Love this! You did a great job on that counter. Broken tile mosaics have always been a favorite of mine. The whole project is an excellent lesson in recycling and resourcefulness too.

o

How creative! Love what you did with basically just the frame. I often see freebies around and just know that someone with a good imagination could turn them into something. I sometimes have trouble seeing outside the box. Good job!

o

You did SUCH a great job! It looks like a very expensive kitchen!

o

You guys did a tremendous job on this! Looks VERY high end & you can honestly say it was custom made!

o

That's a great save! The top came out so nice & there is lot of space there for food & drinks & will work for small & large groups. You & DH did a very classy job, I like the sides of it also. Did you leave other side open or put some doors on it? Jan

o

frou ...you & DH have done it again! WOW! Another great project & more recycling! That cupboard probably would have been burned or in the dump! Love the mosaicing you did with "samples." WOW! That counter top is GORGEOUS! Ok, DH should be happy with his outdoor kitchen & you can both admire your GJ from here! Nice TS sink, too! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

It looks awesome! Love how you mosaiced the counter. Great save!

o

Thanks guys. In all fairness it was a great recycling project, but not without some expense: siding, concrete backer board, grout, sealer, glue, nails and so on. It was still less expensive that haveing it built. Jan, we left the back open for now, but I put some bins in there to keep things in.
Frou

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here