Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rafor

my new greenhouse from old windows

rafor
14 years ago

Here are some photos of the progress we have made so far on the greenhouse. We used old windows and new French doors. Even the roof is made from old windows.

Image link:

Comments (21)

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

Very nice! It looks like you'll be having lots of fun in there.

• coppertop367
    14 years ago

WOW!! That is nice!!! I know you will have lots of fun with that!

• luckygal
    14 years ago

That's beautiful and it'll be great for growing! Lucky you to have found so many nice windows!

• Peggy Bishop_McVay
    14 years ago

I like , I like , I want one too! ;o)

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Looking good, it's tall enough to have some hanging plants or high shelves so should get lots of use from it & no"closed in feeling" with all that glass you can see all around you!! Very nice windows too! Jan

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

What a great greenhouse! Looks wonderful!!

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Love your greenhouse! Great save on the windows & the french doors are a wonderful addition! Keep the pics coming! You're going to love this addition to your gardens! TFS pics! Jeanne S.

p.s. I can string multiple pics in one post by left-clicking my mouse on the HTML code under the pic I'm choosing in Photobucket...then coming into the "message box" where I am posting on GJ... placing my cursor where I want to insert the pic & "right click" my mouse...then going back to Photobucket & doing the same thing with another picture...maybe this will work for you? Give it a try!

• katladie
    14 years ago

I am sooooo jealous, I have wanted a window greenhouse for the longest. Too many other things I NEED though, and that always gets in the way of what I WANT!!!!!!!!, LOL

I know you will enjoy that great looking greenhouse.

Sharon

• rafor
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for all the positive comments and thanks for the info on posting pics. Though I still can't figure out how to have the pics just show in the post rather than having a link. Since this was my first try with pics, I'm grateful I was able to do it at all!!!!

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

rafor ... did you try what I told you above??? That method posts pics right in the "post" ... and, YES, congrats on getting pics on your first try! It took me some time to learn! TFS! Jeanne S.

• leveta
    14 years ago

That is absolutly wonderful!!!

• cindee11461
    14 years ago

wow that is nice

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

Love it!!!! Am jealous too!!!! ; )

• dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m
    14 years ago

Architecturally beautiful, and structurally well designed.

Suggestions, if you don't mind:
    1. Depending on your zone, if you get hail storms, you may want to have protection on the roof.
    2. You may find insulation under the crawl space useful, if you don't already have.
    3. I assume you will be bring in water and electric lines.

Great job.

dcarch

• texasfern
    14 years ago

Wow! I want one sooooooo bad!

• rafor
    Original Author
    13 years ago

So an update on my greenhouse: before we even finished it we moved across the country to NH. Now I have to start all over again so I guess that was just my prototype! Still had some good windows left over from the first one and scored two 5 x 5 windows free this weekend on craigslist. So now at least I have about 2 walls worth :) Also have two French doors that we hadn't used on the first one, so now it's just matter of finding the time and deciding where to site it on the property. It has to fit in with our old house that was built in 1780.

• spedigrees z4VT
    13 years ago

Love your greenhouse, rafor, and welcome to New England! I think there are only 3 of us from this area on this forum, myself from VT, Kathy from NH, and now you! Hope to see photos of your new greenhouse and sorry you had to abandon the old one.

• sorie6 zone 6b
    13 years ago

Good luck in your new home and green house. Post lots of pics!!TFS.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

ahhhhh...sounds like you're on your way to another beautiful green house! Good luck at your new place! Jeanne S. ...yes, share pics, please!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

You shouldn't have any trouble finding windows as you are in part of U.S. that was 1st built in so many years ago. Must be lots of old windows just waiting for you. Can you put ad in Craig's list asking for old windows? Might speed things up if you are unpacked & ready to get into gardening again!! We'll be waiting for those pics!! Jan

• spedigrees z4VT
    13 years ago

Craig's list is a good idea, and Freecycle might yield some old windows too.

Here is a link that might be useful: freecycle

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County