Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gazebo Roof Anyone? Free Satellite Dishes

Posted by honeyworkerbee IL (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 19, 10 at 12:06

Have large satellite dishes(fiberglass ones)and would like to see them recycled. Would make great pond or spa forms,school-bus shelter,animal shed or gazebo roofs. We have several to give-away:they need to be picked-up here in NW Illinois on Wisc. border.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gazebo Roof Anyone? Free Satellite Dishes

I wish that I lived closer to you! Good luck with that!

~~Mimi

o

Thanks Mimi. I think I will try to build a moveable chicken house/using one as the roof for my chicks.

o

• Posted by sorie6 Zone4 Colo (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 19, 10 at 20:06

I hope you posted them on Craigs list or Freecycle. Wish I live closer.

o

Just how big are they? I live in the Milwaukee area.

o

these are actually the satellite domes. We have 2 sizes: 6 and 8 feet across. they have an flat edge that has holes for bolts(about every 2 feet around).

o

Sooooo tempting --- I'm 30 minutes from the border WI / IL
Dh would kill me if I brought them home !

o

ahh...this project is exactly what i wanted to make when i first joined and saw one. and i haven't found a decent satt. dish yet!!!it doesn't matter to me if it's the solid fiberglass or the mesh. one of these days i'll get my hands on one! wish i lived near you, but i'm down by the beach in mississippi!
kudzu

o

A satellite dish is parabolic in shape. A 6' or 8' dish can be made easily into an extremely powerful solar furnace.

You can BBQ ribs in minutes with dishes that size.

dcarch

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here