Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My first original garden junk project- recycled folding screen

Posted by lizzardly 10 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 16, 10 at 12:56

I grabbed this screen out of the trash a few months ago and finally found a use for it. The suns are dollar store finds that I punched holes in and used florist wire to hold in place. They are wired to both sides and the top of the frame so they won't spin. Sorry for the lousy picture, but that's the only kind I take.

Garden Junk Screen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My first original garden junk project- recycled folding scree

That's very nice!! Which dollar store did you find the suns at,dollar tree,dollar general or what?? TFS
Kathi

o

Great rescue from the trash! Looks great!

o

Very nice, great find with that folding screen.

o

What a great find.....and your added extras dresses it up!

o

Looks wonderful in front of that chain link fence...& I like the metal sun & moons that you added...nice! Great recycling! Jeanne S.

o

Thanks 'yall. I was happy to have an original project for once!

Kathi- I got the suns at Dollar Tree. They were hiding out near the candles. They were on the top shelf and kind of behind everything else. I got one of each design they had.

o

Nice screen, glad you saved it & the metal pieces look great on it! People will be asking you where you bought that great screen! Jan

o

Great save, lizzardly! It looks wonderful with your cute little $1 suns to dress it up. Easy but pretty - just the kind of projects I love!

o

Drat! I never find great stuff like that.

o

• Posted by sorie6 Zone4 Colo (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 19, 10 at 20:09

That is great. Love the suns. tfs

o

I love a great trash find & this one IS great! I love anything with scrolls & metal!

o

That is so great!!! I have the 2nd sun, wish I had found the others when I got mine!

o

Way cute! Funny how a few touches totally change the feel of something. I predict this is just the first of many more successful projects.

o

What a neat and original idea. It looks good against the hedges. Don't you just love curb shopping and the DT.
Frou

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here