Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with a problem totem

Posted by flowers12 10 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 24, 11 at 13:55

Has anyone found a trick to leveling an uneven piece of glass so it doesn't look like the leaning tower of pisa when complete? I've tried putting a piece of plastic under the one side but it's just not working for me this time. Any suggestions would be so very welcome.
Thanks,
Marilyn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with a problem totem

I don't really understand. Is it the base piece, a piece you want to use in the middle? Is it attached yet? I have a leaning one that I unfortunately didn't get quite straight.
Kathy

o

It's a vase and actually it's the top part that's uneven but I want to use it upside down. Since the top part will be at the bottom and visible I wanted to even it out on the bottom part. I wish I could figure out how to import a picture so I could show you. Sorry I just seem to not be able to figure out how to do it.

o

If you find a way, this farmer may want to be clued in...LOL! just kiddin', flowers12, I see you got a pic of your beautiful glass vase in another post...the 'leaning' title made me think of this pic I took some yrs ago...a fav:

Leanin' Silo

Good luck w/your project! Jeanne S.

o

I wish you could show a pic so I can see what you are trying to do.

One thing that helps me alot is, when I'm glueing more then one pc.I let each pc dry over night before I add another.
And when I'm doing a 2pcs. I let the glue dry for about 10 min. till the glue is really tacky, that way the pcs. don't have a chance to move around to much.
Hope that helps
Carmen

o

I'm pretty sure I know what you're trying to do flowers. It sounds like your vase has a scalloped top edge or something similar. If it is an even pattern, as long as you get lots of silicone on the parts touching the piece below it, it should be fine. I've done a couple like that, then usually put a big line of silicone around the base of that particular vase, then put some glass globs or other decoration there to hide the excess silicone.

I hope that makes sense to you. If not, let me know and I will try and find a picture to show you.

Good luck and don't forget to let us see the finished product!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here