Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New cross

Posted by r_murray 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 27, 10 at 14:22

A local gardener (ah ha), a neighbor, brought me several wrenches and small hand tools that had been destroyed when a garden tool shed (that looks looks like a second tie-in) caught fire and burned.

This cross is made from two disassembled wrenches (ratchet ends, from the fire), a bicycle gear, five crystals from a chandelier, a glass heart from an old wind chime (maybe a third), a piece of redwood bender-board (used to form concrete walkways - a possible forth), five large washers, ten small screws, and a saw-tooth hanger. Total construction time five weeks (thirty-two days studying those destroyed wrenches and three days with the assembly and finishing.

Enjoy

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New cross

A labor of love I must say. This turned out beautiful and will make a wonderful gift for someone who collects crosses. Well done!

o

BEAUTIFUL as always Robert! You are a man of many talents!

o

How beautiful.............You just keep amazing me with awesome works of art

o

I like the time spent studying those destroyed wrenches! LOL! Expertise in pondering fits you...& you're blessed with an eagle's eye. Beautiful pc of work! Jeanne S.

o

Very nice as is all your work.

And I thought these things just happened. :->

o

What a lovely creation that arose from the ashes! Very pretty. I'm sure God is delighted!

o

Nice rescue from the fire, hope it will bring someone a warm feeling when they look at it. It's lovely! Jan

o

Robert, your "construction time" had me laughing out loud. Too bad those hours aren't billable to someone. LOL.
Your cross is lovely, and its so incredible you could look at some old burned tools and come to such a conclusion.
(tho I'm still giggling at all the 'pondering' time)
You just never cease to amaze me.

hugs, Karen,

o

I completely understand the "pondering" time. I love the cross Robert. You are an amazing artist.
Jeanne

o

Wonderful!!!!

o

it almost sounded like there was going to be a partridge in a pear tree at the end of that list...
that's too cool, to make such a piece from tossed things!

very beautiful~

o

You sure love your gears !!! LOL Once again - fantastic !

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here