Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
an awesome twist on watering can fountains..

Posted by kat__wa z8WA (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 11, 11 at 14:28

This is beautiful! Wish i had some stairs.. or even a
slope in my yard.

Here is a link that might be useful: cool fountain

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: an awesome twist on watering can fountains..

Oh wow !!! That is just awesome ! I wish I had the time,money & talent to do stuff like that ~~ *sigh* ~~

o

I could do that on my front steps next spring. But I would worry about theft. And then there's the electricity...
If only I could generate electricity with an exercise bike or something!
Kathy

o

Wow...that is pretty cool for sure! I'll bet is sounds really neat too!

o

Wow! That is great for the right spot, if you go down the page you will see where the cans end up depositing the water back into the river. They had to order the cans special as their cans have handle front to back so they wouldn't work. I realized that is way my old ones are also. Dad had a fountain going into his fishpond he had at end of patio(I loved it, so soothing) & it was so nice but got expensive fast so they didn't use it. Fish didn't seem to care. TFS Jan

o

Love old galvanized watering cans! This is quite a set-up! They would look awesome even not w/river water running! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

If you are thinking of doing this with an electric pump, you will need to make sure the pump has enough power to lift water the total height from the bottom can to the top can.

dcarch

o

Awesome looking water feature! Thanks for sharing kat. I suppose solar powered pumps just wouldn't cut it for something like this.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here