Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kentstar_gw

Water Fountain again: Added some more stencils (pics)

kentstar
13 years ago

I felt like it was missing something before. So, I added some celestial stencils to it. I think it's ready to go now lol! What do you think?

What I started with:

{{gwi:194805}}

Under painted now:

{{gwi:194806}}

Lotuses on:

{{gwi:194807}}

Just got the cobras on:

{{gwi:194809}}

Cobra's and cartouches:

{{gwi:194810}}

Final Pot Design:

{{gwi:194811}}

Comments (8)

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

I think it looks fabulous! Can't wait to see it in the garden...it's going to look great!

• kentstar
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks marlene! I still have to erase my pencil marks I see along the rim lol. Then I have to seal it with a clear sealer. Then in spring set up the fountain. I'm still thinking of making my own stepping stones to go around it on the bottom to kind of hide the mulch, dirt, grass, or whatever.
    Hobby lobby has stepping stone kits, but they would be too expensive. So, I'll probably use quikrete and see if I can dye it, so they aren't gray, or at least paint the stepping stones to match the sandstone look. Then I'll probably buy mosaic stones to embellish it. Or, I could stencil those, but it's a lot of work! lol

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Now you'll have to tell us the meaning of the hieroglyphics you used. The snakes sure are cool. Can't wait for spring so I can see it in your garden. (Can you tell I dislike winter?)

• kentstar
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks.
    I don't have a clue luna! lol I've been trying to figure it out too, but I can't read hieroglyphs! lol
    I hate winter too :)

• garden2garden
    13 years ago

It's getting better all the time! I love the addition of the sun and moon symbols. Like it has a cryptic story of it's own to tell.

Forgive me if you've already said, but, how will you do the water? A small fountain or bubbler in the middle of this with water cascding down over the sides? I'll have to go back to you orig. post and refresh my memory, you had statues that will flank the fountain didn't you? It's going to be a great area. And really personalized.

BTW you did a great job on that stenciling.

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

That is wonderful! I can't wait to see in in your garden.
    Kathy

• kentstar
    Original Author
    13 years ago

If you view Lowes video on making a water fountain out of a pot, that's exactly what I'm going to try to do.

Here's the link below (hope it works right lol) If not then go to Lowes.com and look for the video projects and water fountain:

Here is a link that might be useful: Outdoor Water Fountain video

• PKponder TX Z7B
    13 years ago

Kentstar,
    I love the pot! It's going to make a beautiful fountain! We have constructed a couple of water features and like a bigger receptacle for water. On windy days, a lot of the water gets sprayed out and the receptacle (Lowes called it a plantainer) must be kept filled or your pump will burn out. We like inexpensive plastic totes dug with only a couple inches of that tote above ground. We put an inexpensive grill over the top of that to support the fountain and were able to get away with only using $20 worth of river rock to cover the utility side of it.

{{gwi:194812}}

{{gwi:194813}}

It's going to be fabulous!

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?