Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

Jingle Bell Flowers

toomuchglass
12 years ago

I found these on another site -- I just had to try them out ! Flowers made out of Jingle Bells ! Here's a picture . All you do is open them up with a needle nose pliers and glue one inside the other . This is an inspiration for some cool garden junk :) Now I just have to think of how to make something out of them.

{{gwi:194850}}**

Cool,huh ? LOL Notes on making them :

JoAnn's sells "big value" packs of bells in all the sizes you need.They come in Silver,blue,gold & red.

Next time I'm wrapping tape around the needle nose , because I got scratches on the bells.

Finally , I think I'll line up all the bells in the shape I want them , an spray paint them before I glue them together. ( I used E-6000)

That's it ! Now to tweak them & think of uses ........

Here is a link that might be useful: Cut out & Keep website with tons of ieas

Comments (14)

• kacram
    12 years ago

Very cool! Instead of gluing, could you wire them together?

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    12 years ago

You could wire them . I just glued them because they kept turning so you couldn't see all the layers . I wonder how big they make bells ?

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

those are very cute! Too bad our Joann's got closed by Hurricane Irene. I miss it more than I ever knew.

I think they would be nice stuck in with house plants.
    Or on a wreath.
    Kathy

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Are they rebuilding it ? Don't they know that Crafters can go into Withdrawal ? LOL

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Well, that's a really cool idea! They would look neat on Christmas packages! I'm lazy when it comes to bows, etc. on packages (kinda funny since I was a florist for so long...think I just got burned out on making bows). I'll have to check out the bells at Joanne's. Thanks Kathy!

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Marlene ---- you were a florist ???? OMG -- you have a talent I'll NEVER HAVE --- > making those loopy bows !!!
    I've been shown it -- I've had books .... I guess I'm bow challenged . LOL I gave up. I bought a "Bow-dabra" ...
    hehehe

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

You could string them largest to smallest on fishing line or wire as a wind chime attaching them to some kind of plate at the top. Could be 3-4 different colors so each one would look different as they spin or move. They would be lovely on an outdoor wreath & sure wouldn't wilt or fall apart like cloth or plastic stuff. A batch of evergreens tied at top with several of those flowing down & maybe a couple of the bells left as you got them out of the package would make a lovely display on door or front porch for holidays! Jan

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

sunnyca took the words out of my mouth...an outdoor wreath! Wouldn't that be cool!...a wreath made w/all these bell flowers! TFS! Jeanne S.

• laurastheme
    12 years ago

That's awesome! My mind is spinning. Off to JoAnn's to buy bells.

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

That is a wonderful idea. So many possibilities! I love it.

Marylee

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

I don't know when the Joann's will be back. Soon I hope. I haven't heard, some of the other stores that got washed out hope to reopen by Thanksgiving. But that's a long way off! And I can go on a road trip cuz my car is uninspectable for the moment.
    Arrgh! Love these bells flowers.
    If they are small enough they could decorate pine cone "trees"
    Kathy

• jlily
    12 years ago

What a wonderful idea. So cute. Lots of uses for them coming up for Christmas.
    Thank you! Jlily

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

concreteprimroses, don't forget the internet for shopping! Gosh I even found "rusty" finished ones. I wonder how well they would work?

Great, idea TMG! Yours look wonderful. They would be great on a green wreath too or as ornaments on the tree. I like Jan's idea of a windchime or Marlene's for putting them on gifts. I'm going to be looking at jingle bells in a whole to light!

• nmgirl
    12 years ago

Where's the picture?