Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jingle Bell Flowers

Posted by toomuchglass 53172 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 11, 11 at 14:43

I found these on another site -- I just had to try them out ! Flowers made out of Jingle Bells ! Here's a picture . All you do is open them up with a needle nose pliers and glue one inside the other . This is an inspiration for some cool garden junk :) Now I just have to think of how to make something out of them.

Photobucket**

Cool,huh ? LOL Notes on making them :

JoAnn's sells "big value" packs of bells in all the sizes you need.They come in Silver,blue,gold & red.

Next time I'm wrapping tape around the needle nose , because I got scratches on the bells.

Finally , I think I'll line up all the bells in the shape I want them , an spray paint them before I glue them together. ( I used E-6000)

That's it ! Now to tweak them & think of uses ........

Here is a link that might be useful: Cut out & Keep website with tons of ieas

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jingle Bell Flowers

Very cool! Instead of gluing, could you wire them together?

o

You could wire them . I just glued them because they kept turning so you couldn't see all the layers . I wonder how big they make bells ?

o

those are very cute! Too bad our Joann's got closed by Hurricane Irene. I miss it more than I ever knew.

I think they would be nice stuck in with house plants.
Or on a wreath.
Kathy

o
JoAnn's

Are they rebuilding it ? Don't they know that Crafters can go into Withdrawal ? LOL

o

Well, that's a really cool idea! They would look neat on Christmas packages! I'm lazy when it comes to bows, etc. on packages (kinda funny since I was a florist for so long...think I just got burned out on making bows). I'll have to check out the bells at Joanne's. Thanks Kathy!

o
Flowers

Marlene ---- you were a florist ???? OMG -- you have a talent I'll NEVER HAVE --- > making those loopy bows !!!
I've been shown it -- I've had books .... I guess I'm bow challenged . LOL I gave up. I bought a "Bow-dabra" ...
hehehe

o

You could string them largest to smallest on fishing line or wire as a wind chime attaching them to some kind of plate at the top. Could be 3-4 different colors so each one would look different as they spin or move. They would be lovely on an outdoor wreath & sure wouldn't wilt or fall apart like cloth or plastic stuff. A batch of evergreens tied at top with several of those flowing down & maybe a couple of the bells left as you got them out of the package would make a lovely display on door or front porch for holidays! Jan

o

sunnyca took the words out of my mouth...an outdoor wreath! Wouldn't that be cool!...a wreath made w/all these bell flowers! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

That's awesome! My mind is spinning. Off to JoAnn's to buy bells.

o

That is a wonderful idea. So many possibilities! I love it.

Marylee

o

I don't know when the Joann's will be back. Soon I hope. I haven't heard, some of the other stores that got washed out hope to reopen by Thanksgiving. But that's a long way off! And I can go on a road trip cuz my car is uninspectable for the moment.
Arrgh! Love these bells flowers.
If they are small enough they could decorate pine cone "trees"
Kathy

o

What a wonderful idea. So cute. Lots of uses for them coming up for Christmas.
Thank you! Jlily

o

concreteprimroses, don't forget the internet for shopping! Gosh I even found "rusty" finished ones. I wonder how well they would work?

Great, idea TMG! Yours look wonderful. They would be great on a green wreath too or as ornaments on the tree. I like Jan's idea of a windchime or Marlene's for putting them on gifts. I'm going to be looking at jingle bells in a whole to light!

o

Where's the picture?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here