Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marlene_kindred

Let's see your fall decorations since it's FINALLY getting cooler

Marlene Kindred
13 years ago

I've been putzing around in the yard today...even though it is 80 degrees putting up fall decor and planting plants. October makes my mind shift into fall thinking even when it's warm, so I thought I would take some pictures and post them. Let's see what you've been up to as well!!

{{gwi:194878}}

{{gwi:194879}}

DH took the front door down over the weekend and refinished it! It needed a facelift badly!

{{gwi:194880}}

{{gwi:194881}}

{{gwi:194882}}

Comments (17)

• maximavswife
    13 years ago

Breathtakingly (is that a word? It should be if not!) beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing!

Kath

• luvs2click
    13 years ago

Gorgeous, Marlene! I was just logging on to post some porch pictures when I saw your post. Looks like the perfect spot for them!
    Arlene

{{gwi:194883}}

{{gwi:194884}}

{{gwi:194885}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Mums and more

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Love all of your decorations too Arlene! You have quite the collection as well.

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

You ladies both did awesome jobs on your porches! I can't wait for next year when I can decorate my house (that hopefully will be in fixed on the outside by then).

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Marlene, your door looks great, DH did a wonderful job, it looks new! Your decor looks so nice & inviting! Thanks for the pics. Arlene yours looks great too, can't tell which leaves are real in pic with leaves & berries, nice & looks like I'd want to sit down with some ice tea on that loveseat. Owl looks so cute with the other things & antiques add a nice touch. The fern is a surprise for fall & the green adds interesting touch to the scene! i like it!! Thanks! Jan

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Lovely! I just threw a few mums on my steps. My other planters haven't died yet which is outrageous here in NH.
    I love your red and white totem.
    Kathy

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    13 years ago

bumping this up....what are the rest of you up to?

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Marlene, everything is lovely. I love how you mixed the red in with everything, it really adds a lot. That enamel top table looks so inviting. Great job. Arlene, I really like your rustic fall decor also. The nail keg and wooden crate are wonderful. Here are some pix of my outdoor fall, I really need to be adding Halloween decorations to these in the next few days.
    Frou

{{gwi:194886}}

{{gwi:194887}}

{{gwi:194888}}

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Glad to see your decorations Frou! Love the way you used the birdbaths for the gourds! And your scarecrow is very cheerful and inviting too!

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

Beautiful, thanks all for sharing those.

I have a scarecrow, but he definitely looks lonely compared to these photos. Need to get busy.....

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

Thought I'd share my fall decor......I painted the wood ones several years ago now. My cement fishing boy got done up for the season also and of course my orange flamingo got a witches hat to help set the fall mood. Some very pretty pics have been posted. I enjoy seeing everyone elses pics. I think fall is my favorite holiday to decorate.

{{gwi:194889}}

{{gwi:194892}}

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

oldcrafty, you know I have to hate you for having such wonderful painting skills! lol! Your figures are adorable.

Frou, your scarecrow is as cute as can be and your wreath is absolutely awesome!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Very nice painting crafty!! Took a little looking to find your flamingo, he'd almost pass for a turkey in that getup!! Jan

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Great painting job! Love the scarecrow and the fishing boy's hat too! Lots of wonderful fall decor...I love fall!

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

That vulture with the scarecrow is adorable. And that flamingo is too funny. Your whole yard is adorable and neat and tidy, just the way I like them.
    Frou

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OMGosh...I totally missed the witch flamingo in the picture! What a hoot! LOVE him!

• seamommy
    13 years ago

Well, I'm inspired now. I've just been moping around the garden looking for anything that was blooming. This just makes me want to get out there and harvest those multicolored gourds and all those pumpkins - oh yeah, I don't have any. Well-guess I'll just have to go shopping! See ya! Cheryl