Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Let's see your fall decorations since it's FINALLY getting cooler

Posted by marlene_2008 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 11, 10 at 14:50

I've been putzing around in the yard today...even though it is 80 degrees putting up fall decor and planting plants. October makes my mind shift into fall thinking even when it's warm, so I thought I would take some pictures and post them. Let's see what you've been up to as well!!

front porch 2

front steps

DH took the front door down over the weekend and refinished it! It needed a facelift badly!

front door

front porch 1

side porch

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Let's see your fall decorations since it's FINALLY getting co

Breathtakingly (is that a word? It should be if not!) beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing!

Kath

o

Gorgeous, Marlene! I was just logging on to post some porch pictures when I saw your post. Looks like the perfect spot for them!
Arlene

Here is a link that might be useful: Mums and more

o

Love all of your decorations too Arlene! You have quite the collection as well.

o

You ladies both did awesome jobs on your porches! I can't wait for next year when I can decorate my house (that hopefully will be in fixed on the outside by then).

o

Marlene, your door looks great, DH did a wonderful job, it looks new! Your decor looks so nice & inviting! Thanks for the pics. Arlene yours looks great too, can't tell which leaves are real in pic with leaves & berries, nice & looks like I'd want to sit down with some ice tea on that loveseat. Owl looks so cute with the other things & antiques add a nice touch. The fern is a surprise for fall & the green adds interesting touch to the scene! i like it!! Thanks! Jan

o

Lovely! I just threw a few mums on my steps. My other planters haven't died yet which is outrageous here in NH.
I love your red and white totem.
Kathy

o

bumping this up....what are the rest of you up to?

o

Marlene, everything is lovely. I love how you mixed the red in with everything, it really adds a lot. That enamel top table looks so inviting. Great job. Arlene, I really like your rustic fall decor also. The nail keg and wooden crate are wonderful. Here are some pix of my outdoor fall, I really need to be adding Halloween decorations to these in the next few days.
Frou

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Glad to see your decorations Frou! Love the way you used the birdbaths for the gourds! And your scarecrow is very cheerful and inviting too!

o

Beautiful, thanks all for sharing those.

I have a scarecrow, but he definitely looks lonely compared to these photos. Need to get busy.....

o

Thought I'd share my fall decor......I painted the wood ones several years ago now. My cement fishing boy got done up for the season also and of course my orange flamingo got a witches hat to help set the fall mood. Some very pretty pics have been posted. I enjoy seeing everyone elses pics. I think fall is my favorite holiday to decorate.

CIMG0054

CIMG0052

o

oldcrafty, you know I have to hate you for having such wonderful painting skills! lol! Your figures are adorable.

Frou, your scarecrow is as cute as can be and your wreath is absolutely awesome!

o
FINALLY getting cooler

Very nice painting crafty!! Took a little looking to find your flamingo, he'd almost pass for a turkey in that getup!! Jan

o

Great painting job! Love the scarecrow and the fishing boy's hat too! Lots of wonderful fall decor...I love fall!

o

That vulture with the scarecrow is adorable. And that flamingo is too funny. Your whole yard is adorable and neat and tidy, just the way I like them.
Frou

o

OMGosh...I totally missed the witch flamingo in the picture! What a hoot! LOVE him!

o

Well, I'm inspired now. I've just been moping around the garden looking for anything that was blooming. This just makes me want to get out there and harvest those multicolored gourds and all those pumpkins - oh yeah, I don't have any. Well-guess I'll just have to go shopping! See ya! Cheryl

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here