Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
another use for TIRES.. this is pretty cool!

Posted by kat__wa z8WA (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 7, 11 at 14:58

and not the old tire planters. check it out! how fun
for your little ones!

It's a little tire teeter totter! I would probably cut into the sides of the wood a little to contour it so it might feel better for the little one!

Here is a link that might be useful: another use of ran old tire!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: another use for TIRES.. this is pretty cool!

that is awesome!
Kathy

o

I am not sure that would be an easy thing to do. There are steel belts running through tires now and most folks would not have the equipment to cut them. If you still had some old polyglass tires you might could do it but I am not sure about the steel belted radial tires.

It is a very cute idea though.

o

Very cute, but I would do what was suggested above & add a couple of rope holds(just large enough to get hands in it), 1 on each end between the bolts or little ones might be afraid of falling off. Would also only use it on the grass not a patio. Much softer landing!! Great color & looks like a cute little worm! Jan

o

I don't read French, but it looks to me more like a balance board than a teeter totter. No matter what it is, it's cute. I'd be tempted to make one, but with the amount of stuff we have in our yard for my 1 child, people probably think I run a day care center!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here