Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
treasureforu

newbie frog bowling ball

treasureforu
15 years ago

Thank you to everyone on this board for being so friendly. It is so much fun to see the projects you have done. I am having so much fun learning how to do various crafts. I tried a bowling ball first and it has turned out fairly well so I wanted to post a picture of it. Cross your fingers that I can figure out the picture thing!

Mindy

{{gwi:195050}}

Comments (13)

• maximavswife
    15 years ago

Well isn't he/ she the cutest thing ever??!! Nicely done with your first project!

Kath

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

That is soooo cute. Nice job.

• katishooked
    15 years ago

Hey what a great frog you have their. Love how he turned out.

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Well, how can you not smile when you see him??!! Too cute!!

Welcome to the forum! What a great first project!

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

So adorable. Keep it up.

Susie (Im new too)

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Very cute, I like the legs & the butterfly she's looking at! Looks like a friendly frog! Hope you have grandkids to enjoy her too! Thanks for showing us! Welcome to the forum also! Jan

• delta9dave
    15 years ago

Very nice. But could you explain how you did the eyes? They look bigger than anything I've ever seen at a craft store. Did you make them?

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Mindy, that is one cool frog....its got to go in our Inspiration BB album.

What a way to introduce yourself, Girl. Welcome and Super Job on this!

hugs, Karen

• treasureforu
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks so much for all of the wonderful compliments. I was happy with how he turned out. My husband rolled his eyes at my project until I showed him what I was trying to do and then he started helping me find the things I needed to do this right. Still keeping an eye for a plant stand but also like the froggy in my cement planter. Does anyone know what kind of paint I would need to paint the cement planter?

I did the eyes with the tea light holders. Someone else on this board did a frog bb and I loved it. She used the glass tea light holders but I couldn't find those but the dollar store had the metal holders. So i painted the tin holder and glued an eye in it that I bought at Hobby Lobby. I forget what department the eyes were in but they had all kinds of sizes and these big ones were perfect for this.

Wish I had grand kids but not yet! I adore kids but my son is only 22 and daughter is 15. They better wait to have kids!!!!

Mindy

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

I'm impressed...I haven't attempted to mosaic a bb...I did only a rope wrapped one (for my mermaid/pool garden) and decided that was quite an experience. Your "froggie" is a cutie!.,.great eyes and legs and I like him on your cement planter...even the natural cement finish. Ahh, that "rolling-eyes" DH thing...that's normal! Thanks for sharing! Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:133648}}

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

Boy, he sure turned out cute! Good idea using wire and beads for the legs too. I forgot who made the cute frogs that were posted but she had the greatest stands for legs. Not easy to find!

Boy and that concrete urn brings back memories! It looks like the one my grandmother had when I was a kid. I do recall that it fell off its pedestal and broke. Too bad I didn't meet you GJers back then! I know now it would have looked wonderful even broken in the garden.

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

Very cute. I love the legs! Nice job. Using the urn as a pedestal is also a good idea.
    kathy

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Mindy, a lady I know who owns a cement mold business advised me to use regular outdoor house paint on my pieces.
    It lasts great, and you don't even have to seal it.

hugs, Karen