Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowers12_gw

Totem Displays for Craft Fairs

flowers12
12 years ago

Here are the displays my hubby and son made for me. They work well on a table or on the ground.

Image link:

Comments (13)

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

Very nice looking and well made. I love your totems!
    Kathy

• flowers12
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Kathy. I really enjoy making these. Sometimes though my creative juices just come to a halt and I find myself not able to put two pieces of glass together. This week I've been pretty productive making 4 glass plates and 2 totems so far. I had the hardest time trying to clean a vase and someone told me to put in salt and ice cubes and swish around. After trying denture cleaner and white vinegar to no avail I was so happy that the salt and ice worked perfectly. She told me it was how restaurants clean out their coffee pots.
    Marilyn

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Beautiful creations and really nice display racks for them too! Your DH and son are definitely keepers!

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Very classy looking display racks & lovely totems. Like the little ones also for those who don't want to spend too much. Your table is eye catching & I'm sure that helped with sales. If everything is piled up or crowded people lose interest but your items are all clearly displayed & each can be admired on it's own(hard to do when you just have 1 table or small display area) Great job you all did! Jan

• nanatricia
    12 years ago

Cool!! And yes to what every one said.

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Great display stands & so nice that you can replace one right away when one sells! Very nice choices for your buyers, too! TFS! Jeanne S.

• laurastheme
    12 years ago

Great display. I think I'll show these to my husband.

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

Marilyn, thanks for the hint about the ice and salt. I have a problem vase sitting in the sink right now!
    Kathy

• luvs2click
    12 years ago

Another great way to clean old bottles, hummingbird feeders or vases is white vinegar and some BBs! Just put them in and swish them around. The BBs are small enough to get in all the little places and do a great job. I just lay them out to dry on a towel and then put them in an old medicine vial to use again later.

• flowers12
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I love Garden Web!! All of you are so encouraging and helpful. Thank you all. I'm getting excited about my upcoming craft fair, Nov 19th. I have so many little details to take care of, tags, business cards, cutting and painting rebar and pvc pipe. My hubby is a big help luckily, but to hear him talk he's the brains behind it all. Go figure.
    Marilyn

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

Good luck flowers! How many flowers and totems are you going to bring with you?
    Kathy

• flowers12
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Well, today I have 15 totems and 16 flowers made. I have 4 weeks before the show so I can probably make several more. The show is only 6 hours and last year I sold 7 totems and 4 plate flowers. Doesn't sound like much but I was happy for my first craft fair. This is a juried event and I was very happy to have been chosen again for this year. I was looking over my receipt book from last year and I sold my colored glass totems for 30 and plain glass for 20 - 25. My one Bluebird totem went for 40. My plate flowers were 20 - 25. I have about 15 of the little mushrooms that I sell 3 for $10. They look so cute in the garden placed in a special area. A lot of effort goes into these craft fairs but it's so much fun! You meet a lot of really nice people.
    Marilyn

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

Love your display pieces! Your DH and son did a wonderful job on them. Love your totems and plate flowers too. I'm sure you'll do great at the craft fair!