Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Re-cycled fan shade

Posted by oldcrafty 8 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 26, 10 at 16:12

Gotta admit this was not my idea. I saw it in a magazine and had to try it. It turned out cute and FAST. The grandkids like it! It's just a ceiling fan light fixture shade, paint on a very simple face, the instructions said paint a terra cotta garden saucer black, I found a black salad plate and used instead. I put a battery powered tea light in it, safety for the little ones, they suggested a votive candle. SOOOOO easy.

Ghost

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Re-cycled fan shade

That's very cute, I bet the little ones love it. Cheryl

o

They had these at the craft fair I was in this past Sat., very cute.

o

Well that is just too cute! Love it and I have some of those light shades just hanging around in my junk stash. Thanks for sharing the idea!

o

Like Marlene said, that is Waaa-ayyy CUTE! What a quick & fairly easy idea! You did a great job on it, crafty! TFS! Jeanne S. (I have some amber colored ones out in my garden shed)...ummmm, thought I was done decorating for Halloween!

o

How cute is that? You did a great job painting the eyes and mouth. Just adorable! Thanks for sharing a cute "junk" idea!

o

Cute idea! I like the way you did the painting on the face. Bet the little ones love it.

o

That is so cute!!!! Love it & I held paper up to computer to copy it off so will go look for the shade, usually have them at TS. Thanks! Jan

o

Wish I would have seen that a couple weeks ago...

We always have our church people out on Halloween for our Fall Harvest Party. The kids "trunk or treet"...this year we lost count at 75 people...so not sure how many we had.

But it gets kind of dark out here in the country. Those would have made cute markers as where to walk with or without the ghosts.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here