Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
glue for glass

Posted by maumau27girls Mississippi (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 24, 12 at 16:50

OK, I "lurked" on here a couple of years ago, and love everything on here. NOW, I want to finally do some "plate flowers" and also am going to do a fountain, and need to know what kind of glue I need. Please excuse the "clutter" (for lack of better name). We were just playing around with it. Pump and new diamond bits(I need to drill larger holes in new pieces) should be in Sat so maybe we can put it together.

thanks
Rebecca

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: glue for glass

Welcome again Maumau~

Most of us who do totems and birdbaths, etc. use GE Silicone II for glass. Make sure when you get a tube that you check the expiration date as that will affect it's holding power. Good luck with your creations and don't forget to show us when you're finished!

o

Remember to buy CLEAR. GE silicone II for windows and doors clear.
Good luck and have fun.
Kathy

o

That's really pretty ! I always use GE Siicon 2 for my glue.

o

I'm the oddball of the bunch, I use E6000. You can find it Walmart, hobby lobby, Michaels etc. I did three GOG windows three years ago and hung them on the outside garage wall and the glue is still holding! AS Marlene says watch the expiration Date.

Chelcass

o

Chelcass - I used E-6000 too , on mosiacs .You're not an oddball !!! It does hold great ! One of the reasons I like GE silicone on totems is that it grabs the glass pieces alittle faster. The stuff still slides around , but alittle less with silicone .

********** All of us here are oddballs in our own way ! LOL That's why we get along so good :)

o

LOL, your right we are and we do. I have never been about to find the GE Silicone. Maybe when I go to Menard I will be able to find it.

Chelcass

o

Thanks to all, and I agree with "toomuchglass" We are all "oddballs" in our own way, but that is OK!!! What would the world be like without such!!!!! Hope my pumps come in today so hubby and I can put our first fountain together.

o

Just found out about a great glue for glass mosaics to glass like windows. It was developed by an artist. Quick drying, crystal-clear, water resistant, great for outdoors. Mac Glue. However, it runs $20/8 oz. But it works.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mac Glue

o

I love Mac glue for mosaics and some other things but it doesn't work for me for plate flowers.
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here