Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Baker's Rack finally decorated w/GJ for Fall!

jeannespines
12 years ago

Yesterday I spent a few hrs fixing up my Baker's Rack on porch patio for Fall. I used lots of my GJunk again! Cut some pine branches & a few Curly Willow...added my garden gourds & bought a $1 pumpkin at Market:

{{gwi:195353}}

It is another beautiful day here today & I fixed up this box that DH made w/gourds on the 'grate' patio table:

{{gwi:195354}}

Here's the Baker's Rack top to bottom:

An old crock/jug from the Amana's here in IA ... GS find..

{{gwi:195355}}

The metal star (a popular item around here for some yrs now)...it stays on my Baker's Rack all yr round...old blue canning jar I made a solar light cover from one of those 'stake solar lights' from big box stores...it's been out all summer on my patio table & works good! In the basket w/my garden gourds is old crock canning jar I bought a long time ago at a TS.

{{gwi:195356}}I

Used that same old enamel pan from my patio Herb Garden...harvested the herbs mostly & added gourds, ornamental peppers, pinecones & whatever...plus old enamel coffee pot.

{{gwi:195357}}

And galvanized watering can & old tea kettle ...both TS finds that I use ...Winter doesn't seem to both them as they get covered with snow!

{{gwi:195358}}

Here's another view of the whole Baker's rack...gourds did real good this yr with all the heat & weeds in the garden...they must have liked it! :-)

{{gwi:195359}}

This orange egg basket I moved to the front yard in the bird arbor...those pesky littled striped squirrels will love stripping the corn...I added a few more ears later:

{{gwi:195360}}

Hope you're having fun with Fall gardening...soon the snow will be here! Ugh! TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (10)

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

Everything is so charming and lovely! You have great garden junk and a real knack for arranging it.
    TFS
    Kathy

• rafor
    12 years ago

Love all your work on the baker's rack! The evergreens must smell great and they look so good with the metal decorations.

• soxxxx
    12 years ago

Just perfect for fall. I like it all.

• nanatricia
    12 years ago

Very cute!!!

• geeme
    12 years ago

What fun. it is so welcoming. You can tell you love what you do to say come on in... geeme

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Looks gorgeous Jeanne! I was hoping you'd post this over here too...so many neat "junque" items in your display and all are just so lovely!

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

That coffee pot has the neatest rust! All the goodies from the garden & old pans & star come together so nicely on your baker's rack. Squirrels must love you also, all that corn & very little work to get at it. Hope it is where you can watch from inside the house. I love my galvanized watering can too, I always mix up my rose food & tomato food in it as so easy to carry around & pours out well. The bunny will have to move inside to the porch, he looks cold, poor baby! Jan

• beatrice_outdoors
    12 years ago

Wow. This is so beautiful, welcoming, and inspiring! TFS.

• pippi21
    12 years ago

This is what I had in mind for use on my patio/breezeway area for the Spring/Summer months. I found an old Baker's rack at Habitat resale store for only $25, which was a steal but we didn't have the truck with us, nor do we have storage for it until we can use it, so I didn't buy it. I know I'm probably going to kick myself over and over for not buying it. Come Summertime, I'm hiring a handyman to make me some more storage cabinets for my seed sowing supplies, my husband's power tools, and some other things. Hopefully I will have more room to store stuff then. I also wanted to use it like you did but also be able to add some small potted plants in the Spring/Summer months.

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The greenery has started to turn brown but it is still looking pretty good for Winter! Added some more pinecones & such after Fall. And of course now there is 'snow' (which I did not add! ;-)

pippi...too bad you didn't get that Baker's rack but hopefully another will come around for you ...I also a few potted plants on mine in the Spring/summer. I have a vine in the house that I try to Winter over. Of course, in the Spring I usually add a pot of colorful Pansies as we are all wanting blooming flowers!

Thanks GJers for commenting. Appreciated! Jeanne S.
    ps ...the Solar light is still working this Winter ...I just took this pic this past week.
    {{gwi:195363}}

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County