Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldcrafty

canton shopping

oldcrafty
13 years ago

a few pics of our trip to Canton. Couldn't take many pics as everyone had signs posted "No picture Taking Allowed" We had a GREAT time the weather was perfect! Came home with some goodies but not really any junking goodies. I managed to purchase a collection of unfinished wooden crosses that I plan to mosaic on. Most things I purchased were ready to use. And can't tell DH but I brought home 6 pairs of flip-flops, and that wasn't junk, as my pockets are now empty, but I sure can take a nice walk! As you can see that was one BIG horse, my granddaughter is 5, she looks like a midget up next to that horse. I made several trips back to that iron works booth and purchased several things, I'll have to take a pic of those items when I get them. We went in my daughters pick-up and I couldn't get them in my SUV to transfer to my house, she lives 50 miles away. The unfinished crosses ranged in price from .50 to 3.50. Figured I couldn't cut them out myself for that price, not to mention being a little lazy!

{{gwi:195410}}

{{gwi:195411}}

{{gwi:195412}}

{{gwi:195413}}

{{gwi:195417}}

Comments (13)

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Looks like it would have been a blast! Glad you found some treasures too...that makes the trip worth it for sure!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Granddaughter looks like she was having fun & all set with her"fanny pack"??do they still call them that? Neat horses! I would spent all day in the iron works!! Wow! Neat stuff! Waiting for pics! Can't beat those prices on crosses, waiting for results on what you do with those also!! Jan

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

It looks like a wonderful experience! Love the crosses you got and I can't wait to see what you do with them. Lots of wonderful goodies there. I can understand why they don't want picture taking. I loved the giant horse. What was it made of?

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

What fun! I like those wire "Pumpkins". Remember to post pics of your crosses. Looks like you got a nice selection.
    Kathy

• gersch
    13 years ago

That looks like my kind of shopping. Can you give me some more info on the flea market, like when and where? Thanks....

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

It's in Canton, Texas, in North Texas about an hour east of Dallas.

It's also called "First Monday" and is one of the oldest continuing flea markets anywhere.

The GW rejected my link so I've pasted it below.

http://www.firstmondaycanton.com/

• gersch
    13 years ago

Rock, thanks for the info. I was hoping it would be Canton, Ohio as I'm in northern Indiana. Maybe I'll get there some day....

• maozamom NE Ohio
    13 years ago

I was at Canton Ohio Antique Flea market last week-end, and let me assure you, it wasn't anywhere near as nice as the Texas show is. Still, I did come home with a couple of treasures.

mao

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Looks like a great place! LOL with "gersch" who posted above..I sent my friend a link last yr that we needed to go to a great flea market in Rochester ...she wrote back that it would be quite a drive to Rochester, NY! I thought it was Rochester, MN (that's only a few hrs away!) Always worth it ...to go to those that you can! What fun! Great pics, crafty! TFS! Jeanne S.

• leveta
    13 years ago

There were several ladies on the JR site that went to. It all looks wonderful...

• oldcrafty
    Original Author
    13 years ago

HELP........what's the JR site? I kinda looked ...but didm't find anything. There was literally thousands of people shopping in Canton. They have it monthly, but have been told October is there all time busiest month followed by November. We go every October. Trust me I can't afford to go more than once a year!! We always have a blast!

• Kathryn Botard
    13 years ago

Looks like they have some of the same items as Antiques Week in Warrenton, TX. One of these days I'll have to plan a trip to Canton

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

A lot of the same dealers make the regional circuit. We have Wimberley Market Days down here and I see the same folks at other events too.

Wimberley is the first weekend of the month also, except in the winter months of January and February. It's a beautiful area to visit and a nice place to stop if you're in the area.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wimberley

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus