Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldcrafty

used to be a tin tile

oldcrafty
13 years ago

Found this as one of my treasures in Canton. Used to be a tin ceiling tile. I purchased it in the "Junk Aea" and paid $15.00. Up in the "Good Area" they have a strip of wood on the back to keep it from flopping and stabalize it and they sell for $50.00 and up for the same size. I just have to tack a small wood frame to the back and I'm all set. Then I will place photos in the openings. They sell this with many different openings and also make cornices out of these. I didn't have a choice as this was the only one I had to choose from in the junk area. I have 3 grandkids so now gotta decide what will go in the 4th slot!!

{{gwi:195473}}

Comments (6)

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

What an interesting piece. It will make a great photo frame. How about a pic of youwith the 3 of them in the 4th frame?
    Kathy

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

What a wonderful idea! I bet it will look awesome when it's done.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

This is really a very cool find, crafty! Love it! I don't know how you're mounting the photos...with glass or without glass...but you could do some of that "vinyl" lettering on the extra glass with like "Family" or a short sentence on "Grandchildren" or whatever. I've seen this done on windows ...maybe that would be a good fit for this lovely old ceiling tin! If not vinyl, maybe print your own in a font of your choice to trace & paint or Modpodge. Jeanne S.

• shpnquen
    13 years ago

LOVE IT!! I never find tin stuff like that for that cheap!

• daffodillady
    13 years ago

A group shot with the three grands and you would be great for the fourth spot.

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

oldcrafty, I just wanted you to know that I saw something similar at a store recently but it was just one "frame" made from a reproduction of old tin. The price tag was over $50 so you got a really great buy!

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus