Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
used to be a tin tile

Posted by oldcrafty 8 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 13, 10 at 18:03

Found this as one of my treasures in Canton. Used to be a tin ceiling tile. I purchased it in the "Junk Aea" and paid $15.00. Up in the "Good Area" they have a strip of wood on the back to keep it from flopping and stabalize it and they sell for $50.00 and up for the same size. I just have to tack a small wood frame to the back and I'm all set. Then I will place photos in the openings. They sell this with many different openings and also make cornices out of these. I didn't have a choice as this was the only one I had to choose from in the junk area. I have 3 grandkids so now gotta decide what will go in the 4th slot!!

CIMG0048

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: used to be a tin tile

What an interesting piece. It will make a great photo frame. How about a pic of youwith the 3 of them in the 4th frame?
Kathy

o

What a wonderful idea! I bet it will look awesome when it's done.

o

This is really a very cool find, crafty! Love it! I don't know how you're mounting the photos...with glass or without glass...but you could do some of that "vinyl" lettering on the extra glass with like "Family" or a short sentence on "Grandchildren" or whatever. I've seen this done on windows ...maybe that would be a good fit for this lovely old ceiling tin! If not vinyl, maybe print your own in a font of your choice to trace & paint or Modpodge. Jeanne S.

o

LOVE IT!! I never find tin stuff like that for that cheap!

o

A group shot with the three grands and you would be great for the fourth spot.

o

oldcrafty, I just wanted you to know that I saw something similar at a store recently but it was just one "frame" made from a reproduction of old tin. The price tag was over $50 so you got a really great buy!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here