Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
concretenprimroses_gw

Painting on old plates - centers for plate flwrs?

concretenprimroses
12 years ago

Some years ago Toomuchglass/Kathy shared/sent to those of us who wanted them some little flower plates that she had found by the hundreds at a local TS. She recently sent me a bunch more from her collection of plates because I love them as centers for pfs. Here is a pic of 5 out of 6 of them (the yellow one I have used up on pfs.):

{{gwi:195488}}

Aren't they just perfect?

I love them and I am sad that I seldom find other plates that look like flowers to use on my pfs.

So it occurred to me that I could get a bunch of white saucers at a TS and paint them with ceramic paint. I was in a town 60 miles away on friday that has a Michaels and looked at Pebeo cuz that seemed the most permanent. Wow. Pebeo 150 is quite expensive. I only bought 3 colors, plus a black "pen", and a gold outliner.

Here are my preliminary experiments, but I haven't cooked them in the oven yet. I'm hoping the cooking makes them look a little more professional. I have to let them dry for at least 24 hours before baking at 300F for 1/2 hour. BTW I washed off 4 plates that I didn't like.

{{gwi:195489}}

I also put gold dots on an irredescent red glob. I think I'll put it in the middle of the "blue daisy".

{{gwi:195490}}

They are a bit bigger than the one's Ive been using, heres a pic to show comparison.

{{gwi:195491}}

I'll put a couple out for the winter, hang them on the fence some how to see if they last. I have high hopes, cuz the paint is dishwasher safe. It seems like a good use for orphan white saucers.

What think?

Kathy

Comments (13)