Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
satellite dish

Posted by oldgraymare 4 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 31, 11 at 18:06

I bought this 12' fiberglass dish at a auction for $1.00!!!
Had to haul it home with a friends car trailer. I also just had a partially dead elm tree cut down so I thought........toadstool! It took about 6 of my sons friends to lift it onto the tree. I bolted it to the tree with conduit poles and painted it up! Next summer Im going to make "gnome world" under it, with some doors and windows on the tree.. maybe a deck and a small pond(??) I have quite a few different gnome statues. The big stumps are just for the winter and the many feet of snow (yuk) that we get.. I didnt want it to break.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: satellite dish

That is so original. Not everyone can have one of those.
I really like it.

o

Wow its huge. I like how you painted it.
Gnome world sounds great.
Kathy

o

Wow! You may end up with gnome overpopulation!! That's a big one & so cute way you painted it up & should do well with a tree helping hold it up. Might have to brush snow off if it gets to heavy or is too wet! Can't wait to see what you do next summer! Jan

o

That's really cool!

o

That is a really neat idea. I also like the way you painted it. I want to see your gnome world next summer.

o

INGENIUS......what a great idea. The price was right on also. You had such a clever idea. Can hardly wait for more pics

o

Well, that's pretty clever! Can't wait to see it next spring when you get your gnome world done! Looks pretty cool right now.

o

How clever! I love it.

o

Yes, it will be interesting to see your gnome world come to life under that HUGE 'shroom! Kudos to your son & friends, too, for lugging that baby! Jeanne S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here