Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Standing Rose

Posted by oldcrafty 8 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 13, 10 at 18:14

Another find in Canton.....not exactly junk but thought I'd share as it is unique. I found it in an area that sold all iron things imported from Mexico. It stands about 2 1/2 feet tall and is anchored with a rock. My Mom loved red roses, I passed this vendor multiple times and the rose kept calling me. On the last morning we pick up things we decided we can't go home without! My first stop was back to this vendor. he originally had lots of these roses and when I got there only one was left..so I figured it was a no brainer and was meant to be! Mom kept telling me how pretty it was. So it's new home will be in the cemetery with mom. I will anchor it with tent stakes and hope it will remain there for a long time.

CIMG0046

CIMG0043

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Standing Rose

A beautiful rose that would make any Mother happy.

o

OH wow! What a gorgeous tribute to your mother's love of roses! I'm sure that will get a big smile from her up in heaven!

o

Lovely, did he make them? Will be a loving & lasting gift for mom's grave! Jan

o

Very cool! Love the red!

o

Beautiful!! I hope it stays many years, also. It was clearly meant for your Momma since there was just one left!!!

o

Very unique Rose, crafty! And it will weather outside beautifully...I am sure it will look lovely at your Mom's resting place. Yup, meant to be, I'd say, too! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Simply beautiful! I know it will make your mother smile.

o

Very nice, I love Mexican metal work.
I don't know what your weather is like, I'm zone 8 also but a dry zone 8, but you might want to consider giving the rose a good coat of sealer. A lot of the metal work from Mexico isn't as weather resistant as you might think. Most of it is meant to live indoors or at least under a roof. A good coat of clear spray paint will go a long way in preserving it's looks.
Congrats on your good find.

o

Thanks for the hint to seal nmgirl....never thought of that but it is a good idea. I do have plenty of the spray sealer and thats an easy enough fix to save it for a few years. I know it won't last forever but I'd like to keep it around as long as I can!

o

For years I collected plates and cups, etc., everything and anything with roses. Last year we moved to Madison, NJ ... nicknamed The Rose City. That rose would look beautiful in my garden, and wouldn't the deer be surprised when they tried to take a chunk out of it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here