Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Horsekin

Posted by oldcrafty 8 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 26, 10 at 18:56

Not exactly garden junk, but thought I'd share an idea I created this weekend for my granddaughter. She recently got 2 live miniature horses and every year I decorate a pumkin for her. So this year I thought I'd combine her new pets with her pumkin. Went to the dollar store and purchased a stuffed horse, cut it in half, I turned the raw edges in and used opened up paper clips as push pins and secured each half to the pumpkin. I pointed the head side up as if it is rearing up. I positioned a scarecrow, also a dollar store purchase, as if it was riding the horse, and then filled in with fall leaves and autumn colored silk flowers. Gotta say it is a one-of-a-kind pumpkin! She loved it, and thats what its all about!

Horsekin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Horsekin

Very cute...I'm sure she'll love it!

o

Is that adorable! I'm sure she is going to absolutely love it. It's just too bad the pumpkin will eventually rot because I'd love to keep that one around forever!

o

Adorable!! Might have to replace the pumpkin with a styrofoam or plastic one so it will last a lot longer! Mini horses are so cute! Got a pic of them & grandchild you can put it over on conversations side of this forum! Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here