Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Holiday pavers

luvstocraft
17 years ago

I know several of you have painted on pavers. Here are a few of mine that I dug out for the painting forum to see--I use them all to decorate outdoors, so thought you might like to see them here too.

I used patterns from "Porch Pals & Yard Critters" by Maureen Hart. Think I want to paint the Frankenstein one next. Luvs

{{gwi:195788}}

{{gwi:195789}}

{{gwi:195790}}

Comments (29)

• cindee11461
    17 years ago

those are so cute I love them. What a clever idea!!!!!

• Bright199
    17 years ago

Great paint job!!! I love them.

• payd6
    17 years ago

so cute luvs! nice job!

• TwoMonths
    17 years ago

beautiful job. I have not used the full pavers before, but I used the half pavers to make a turtle and a ladybug.

• craft4fun
    17 years ago

Love them.

Jen

• Cheri_C
    17 years ago

Wow, You are a great painter. Those are so cute, Great Job!!!

• gw:craftylady-2006
    17 years ago

Super cute Luvs, you did a great job on the painting.

Sal

• texaswild
    17 years ago

What a neat idea. Talented painter.

• haziemoon
    17 years ago

Great paint job! wow! I have no talent for that!
    So envious of those of you who can paint.

Haziemoon

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks for the nice words ladies. Not a great painter, but I enjoy trying to give new life to an item. Even though I can cut my own wood pieces, I think trash to treasure items are my favorite.

Twomonths, I'd love to see your turtle and ladybug. Here's my snail & ladybug. They are fun & easy to paint and the pavers are so inexpensive. Sort of heavy to handle, and you wouldn't want to drop one on a toe! LOL

{{gwi:195791}}
    {{gwi:195792}}

• flowerstreet
    17 years ago

luvs those are all so wonderful. one of these days i am going to paint on something 'real' not just scrap paper, lol.
    Your projects are so inspiring, thanks for posting them!

• jlily
    17 years ago

What cute ideas!! And a good time to post them with cooler weather on its' way. Jlily

• joyy
    17 years ago

wow... they look so professional!!! you paint so well!

a really REALLY cute idea :)

• cait1
    17 years ago

I love your work. These are just darlin'!
    Cait

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you for the nice comments ladies--glad you enjoyed seeing them. I can do more detailed painting, but find I prefer the quick and easy projects the most. Guess I want that instant gratification! Ha ha I really like doing items for the yard and holidays--and that's a good thing since there is just not much room in the house for more things. Trust me if I can learn to paint, anyone can. Took a long time to get enough confidence to try it--now I can't imagine my life without it! Luvs

• delaniemae
    17 years ago

Luvs, are you using acrylics to paint those? I paint too, and plan on making some of those. Thanks for posting.

• nonacook
    17 years ago

I LOVE painting pavers! I haven't done many this year, but I show 3 on my website that I did before. There is not a photo of my leprechaun (different from Luvs) or my bumble bee. I have a frog pattern in mind right now, to do when I have time. I need to paint Santas for an upcoming show too.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Delaniemae--I am so sorry to have not answered your question. I did not see it until just now. I used patio paints on the "bugs", but just acrylics and a couple coats of sealer on the holiday ones. I usually sit them outside on a window shelf in a covered area so they don't get wet. The patio painted "bugs" have held up in all kinds of weather, still look like new.

Nonacook, so nice to hear from you again. I think I looked at some of your pavers, will have to go take another look. I plan to do a couple more holiday ones, then I'd like to do a turtle--twomonths showed me hers. I can't wait to see your turtle--I might need one of those too! LOL They are fun and easy to paint--make great paperweights and doorstops too! Ha ha

• cacbeary
    17 years ago

Oh to be so talented! You paint beautifully - very professional.

• nonacook
    17 years ago

My web site

http://members.cox.net/nonacook

I can't tell you what page they are on-there
    are about 10 pages.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Nona, I took another look at your pavers--yes, I did look before--see so much on here, I just can't remember it all! LOL What I hadn't noticed before were the painted auto wheels--those are cool! Good way to recycle too. And I loved your painted coffeepots--you are a very good painter. Sounds like you have pretty much "done it all" at one time or another, haven't you? So nice to have someone with your experience to guide the rest of us.

Cacbeary, Thanks for the kind words. I enjoy the painting, but often am too critical of my own work. Sometimes a piiece I didn't think was very good will look better to me a few weeks or months later! Isn't that funny? The pavers are one of the easiest things to paint--however, don't use your good brushes because the rough surface is pretty hard on the brushes.

Luvs

• gardeningpeggy
    17 years ago

found this on another site

Here is a link that might be useful: holiday pavers

• gardeningpeggy
    17 years ago

not a holiday one, but soooo cute, i need to make one of these.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:195793}}

• curbdiver1954
    17 years ago

gardeningpeggy - that curler lady is an absolute HOOT!!! I have got to quickly learn how to do this (usually only paint rooms)....my husband's dear cousin who lives across the street is a retired hairdresser....this is RIGHT up her alley! Do you know what was used for the "hair"?

Pat

• nonacook
    17 years ago

I've put a photo of my leprechaun on my website.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:195794}}

• killentime
    16 years ago

I paint pavers from the same book and was wondering if you know of a book 3 check out our pavers http://home.comcast.net/~billslawncare/petpavers.htm

Here is a link that might be useful: Pet Pavers

• nonacook
    16 years ago

I had not seen some of those last shown. Some new ideas for me! I try not to use many 'add-ons' since I do put mine out in the garden. The hats are usually all. I use spray paint from Walmart for mine, Gesso on the white ones, and then several coats of clear spray finish at the end. One of my snowmen was on the front porch for several years and survived the hurricanes in '04 and '05. I have not painted from a book, but got some ideas from HGTV.com and other craft sites. I use a hand-held grinder to grind off the rough edges before I paint. Some of my pavers have a little, rounded, thingy on the bottom, so they don't site level. I also grind those down. It has just been too hot since April to do anything that is done outside, so I just keep getting more and more behind! LOL

• jaysluv08
    15 years ago

where can i find patterns to make the pavers??? any books?

• jsimms0_swbell_net
    13 years ago

I just started painting pavers. I did several different snowmen. I am interested in anything new. I've seen a couple ladybugs, a turtle and a snail that I would like for my garden. Would appreciate seeing some examples. I's not much of a painter but like to look.