Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Metal post left from basketball ...

Posted by kim546 none (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 16, 11 at 19:45

I saw tea pots over a metal clothesline pole-(think they took bottom off pot and slid it over,then concrete between? Like a tea pot totem but with pole up center. I checked on mosaic forum but no luck. My metal pole is wide,so I thought maybe mosaic it? But do I cover it with chicken wire first to give concrete something to grab or should I break tea pots in half and concrete together? Help..any ideas? Kim:)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Metal post left from basketball ...

Wow, Kim...I'm not a mosaic-er so I can't answer the ck wire question...but it seems like it would be a HUGE project if you're doing a tall basketball post! ;-)

Could you maybe spray paint a blend of diff colors & add some cross posts or something for a Clematis or Morning Glories or something to climb? Or maybe sculpt some of your chick wire up it? I can't seem to get the image of a teapot broke in half & on your BB post.

Lots of people do plate flowers on this forum ...could you use those some way? Or incorporate an old wood ladder to lean against it somehow?

Maybe you're not looking for other ideas...but whatever you do w/it, ENJOY! Jeanne S.

o

what an ambitious project. Good for you!
I think I remember the teapots on the clothes line but I'm not sure when or where.
Definitely good back to mosaic forum for how to mosaic. I'm not sure with a metal post what to do.
Kathy
ps you have that many tea pots?

o

Sorry, forgot to say my son cut it shorter with reciprocating saw after we took down the hoop and backboard.I'm trying to make a "birdbath size" since pole is cemented into ground.I tried mosaic forum but no luck. Thanks :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here